• Yesterday I brought home my new family members, Tino and Robyn. They are from Starfyre Basenjis, Tino is 12 years old and Robyn is 7. They are fantastic, so sweet and well-behaved!! I was nervous about how they would handle the transition, but it feels like they have always belonged here. They are pretty good in the backyard but I am still nervous about how they might do out there unattended, so I am watching. I left them home alone for 1 hour today and they were no trouble at all. However, I plan on remaining alert for typical b antics! We went for a walk and I believe they will need some training here, I am thinking it might be best to take them one at a time to work with them.

This is their first time staying in the house day and night…they seem to love it!

I will continue to rely on this great community to help me adjust to my new life...
    attachment_t_5091_0_img_0737.jpg
    attachment_t_5091_1_img_0738.jpg

• Congrats on the new additions and thanks for adopting the older gen!

• Congrats. They both look so comfy in the pictures.

• Congrats! Enjoy your new family members 🙂 They look great!

• Yay for Starfyre!! My Zip was not bred there but she lived there a couple years and was intended to be included in the breeding program. Denise's plans for her changed so she was available as a golden opportunity about a year ago. We probably met your two when we visited Denise. Congratulations on your new additions. And kudos for adopting the older B, that is wonderful!

• Congratulations on your new ready made family!

Oldies ARE goodies!

• Congrats…. and I know Robyn, she is a sweetie...

• Bless your heart! May you make wonderful memories together. :):):):):)

• Congrats on your new additions..they look like they've made themselves right at home! I met Tino last year…he was a doll.

• Awwww congrats! They look like real sweetie pies!!!

• they certainly look like they are home!

• thanks everyone! I am delighted to hear some of you know Robyn and Tino! I am so blessed to have had your input!

I'm curious about somethings…Tino has been clicking is teeth when he sniffs Robyn. Does this mean she is almost in heat?

And Robyn has a habit of dancing back and forth on her front paws, it is too cute! But I have no idea what she means...is this common?

• Congrats!!!!! What a sweeties….

Have fun with them!

• Congrats on adopting the "older" generation!

• @Tumimom:

thanks everyone! I am delighted to hear some of you know Robyn and Tino! I am so blessed to have had your input!

I'm curious about somethings…Tino has been clicking is teeth when he sniffs Robyn. Does this mean she is almost in heat?

And Robyn has a habit of dancing back and forth on her front paws, it is too cute! But I have no idea what she means...is this common?

I would have thought that Robyn would be spayed?

• Denise thinks she wants to breed her one more time and then we will spay her.

• Robyn is a love, I agree!

Tino's clacking might indicate she's getting close, although this isn't the 'usual' time of year. I would definitely keep an eye on her, just in case.

Terry

• I'm glad they are adapting well to their new home. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with them.

Just curious, is Tino intact as well?

• Tino has been neutered. I thought it was an unusual time of year, too. Maybe she is on the end of the cycle?

• Cool. That would be a complicated situation to say the least if they were both intact and she is in her heat cycle.

Suggested Topics