• It is especially nice when it's a little chilly to have a B curled up next to you.

• @Quercus:

Get over what???

Seems to me, you need to get over people doing what they want in and with their own bed….

I think this thread has veered of of the topic of Basenjis, so this will be my last post...feel free to have the last word.

Well said Andrea!

• Bed sleeping is definitely a personal choice. Mine sleep with me for a little bit then they go to the couch or crate.

• We have four B's and a mutt terrier sleeping with us and my Son get's the other two B's. I guess it's a personal choice as to what does or doesn't crawl in your bed with you. I love my B's and my wife…....and I sleep with all of them.:D 😃 😃

Willy generally prefers five star accomadations but has to suffer along with the rest of us.:eek:

• @spitfirekrl1:

It is especially nice when it's a little chilly to have a B curled up next to you.

It's especially nice anytime!! 😉

• Squiggy spent, in his first home, his nights (and my guess days) locked in an outside basement on the step closest to the top. No blanket and ended up with calluses on his legs from the steps.
    Now, in his FOREVER home, he sleeps anywhere he darn well pleases 🙂
    Which is in the middle of my bed, on top of the covers. He only likes to be covered in the mornings when I am getting ready and only with his blanket.

Spoiled BRAT :p

• I like that story! 🙂 good going!

• We use to have a Queen size bed, one husband, two basenjis and a cat. We upgraded to a King Size bed and we still don't have room in our bed!

• Lulu sleeps with me in my bed and takes whole bed, and sometimes snores…

• Been a while since anyone wrote here, but I have to chime in. My B and my Rat terrier and my hubby, and me of course all share a queen size bed. My hubby leaves early morning and I have two loving dogs to keep me warm. And as someone said a while back, I don't have children yet, atleast not human children!

• Both of mine must sleep between myself and my partner. They prefer being squished between the both of us. The more squished they are, the better (within reason of course). They are not allowed under the covers or on the sofa in our office. The are spoiled and pretty much permitted anywhere else. The squish factor is even more evident when it's naptime on the 'allowed' couch in which they like to be between the sofa back and my back. They fight for the spot sometimes.

• My crazy Luke sleep with me since we brought her home…Yeah, she has her create and bed, but she loves mine bed the most...So we sleep together, and cheeses, sometimes she snore like an old drunk guy!!!!!!

• Echo is behind my knees under the covers, Blue is a Daddy's boy and sleeps next to him under the covers but with his head out on the pillow. Merlin sleeps at the foot of the bed on his own bed, but at the first alarm ring in the morning hops up and goes straight under the covers for 10 minutes of snuggle time. Echo has been known to actually crawl into the duvet and get trapped. It's fun pulling him out a 3:00 in the morning. He always pops out with his tail wagging like he's wondering "how did that happen?"

• Athena sleeps in her crate at night, luckily she likes it in there. She has a nice drape around it so it is dark and a puffy bed. During the day she sleeps on the couch, preferably next to someone, or on her garden window perch.

We let the cats have the run of the house at night after spending the day in the back half. They are 13 an 19 and are DONE with dogs. They did their time when they were younger and pretty much refused any interaction with Athena when we brought her home. They consider themselves 'retired' from dog training.

• Ziggy sleeps by my side, on top of the covers (which are hardly needed, in August, in Southern California). He seems to be a very sound sleeper; he'll wake up in exactly the position that I saw him in when we went to bed.
    attachment_p_20315_0_ziggy2.jpg

• Topper comes to bed first and gets under covers by my feet, Eddie under, by my right thigh, and Nicky by my chest on the right, under covers. Unless someone comes to bed first and gets Topper's place, then all bets are off, they settle in all different places then. Usually everyone sleeps through the night.
    Anne in Tampa

• Our Amber….

attachment_p_21623_0_amby08b.jpg

• i have two - Anzi the boy is usually on his chair or in the corner with all his blankets - if it gets cold he jumps in bed when his sister lets him - Deja always sleeps in bed under the covers in the bed of my knee -when she gets hot she comes up for a bit of air and then back under she goes or she just keeps her head on the pillow!

• ramsey sleeps on his bed on the floor but he used to sleep under the blankets in the bed at the end along with layla and caira always trys to sleep under the blankets with her head on the pillow like a human…..its definitely crowded in my bed

• For those of you who have more than one Bs….Do any of them share the same bed to sleep (not counting YOUR bed 😃 )? Any share a crate? Seems like since there are so many pictures of the dogs napping together, that they'd also want to sleep together at night. We are considering getting another B and just wondered if they would want to sleep together.

Pat

Suggested Topics