• Callie has to be in her crate when we are gone, so I sleep on the sofa, and she sleeps with me, or on her bed beside me, with her blanky covering her up. She still has to go potty at 3 in the morning, so we can't move to the bed yet! It is upstairs, and hubby has to go to bed earlier than I do, and she wakes him up. Hopefully, when she is a bit older, she can hold it until he gets up at 5.

• My little 3 year old Keba sleeps between my down pillows at the head of my bed under her fuzzy blanket. It's kind of like sleeping between two down comforters. She sure is warm in there!!

• Farrah had been able to sleep all night without having to get up since she was about 4 months old. aside from her and our min pin trading places from the top of the bed to the bottom they don't hardly move. we don't give them any food or treats after 7 pm. i think that helps. they are like toasters in keeping us warm. no need for electric blankets.

• So far, Bruiser sleeps in his kennel until around 4 AM, He then has to go use the restroom and gets to sleep in the bed with me because I will not go back to sleep with him crying in his kennel. Like many others' basenjis, he enjoys laying on the blanket in between my feet and legs. My theory is that they do this because the leg mountains protect them from the gremlins.

• @lift2live:

Like many others' basenjis, he enjoys laying on the blanket in between my feet and legs. My theory is that they do this because the leg mountains protect them from the gremlins.

Both of my dogs must love the mountains, because that is how they spend their cuddle time with me in the evenings.:p

• My Jojo sleeps in her bed in our bedroom. During the day she may nap on the sofa, guestroom bed or her bed. The power went off for a few minuets last night so the alarm clock was blinking but never fear, Jojo is here…she went around to my husband's side of the bed and woke him up. She needed to go out. Great alarm clock!!

• I've been trying to crate train Bindi but she fusses way too much at night and I end up staying up all night x.X this is night three and my first day back to work, she naps on the bed with me while she's potty training because she sits up when she need to go, other wise she's all over the house. We have terrazzo floor so I have no problem with her sleeping on pillows, the bed, and whatnot, it's hard and cold flooring but easy to clean up puddles. Today was her first day willingly sleeping in her crate, I put in a new pillow and she dragged some toys in, I covered it with a blanket so it's warmer (even though it's not really cold here in Florida lol) I think she doesn't like the door closed on it right now, we're working slowly on it

~Kat

• I love having my B's crawl into bed with me at night. One by my stomach, and one behind my knees. I would not ever go without my "heaters" at night.:)

• Under the covers. He paws at us to lift the covers so he can crawl underneath.

• Our B sleeps in his bed next to us at night and in the a.m at the first sound he hears he will beg to let us bring him up inot bed with us where he will snuggle inbetween his mom and dad until we have to get up and go.

• Let me guess….......you don't have children. We don't let our dogs in our bed either. A bed is for a husband and wife......not dogs!!

• Yes, I have children….Basenji children:) ......I like to think I'm part of the pack, and the pack sleeps together!!!!!! "pack solidarity forever"!!!!!!!!;)

• I have a son and my dogs sleep with me and my child sleeps in his room. I don't get the connection to having children and your dog sleeping with you. Sometimes, on the weekends, its both dogs, one cat and the two of us. I bought a king size bed so we all fit. 😃

• Yeap I have a 12 year old and when my husband goes to work, it's our B, my daughter me. Precious moments.

• @LaurieB:

Let me guess….......you don't have children. We don't let our dogs in our bed either. A bed is for a husband and wife......not dogs!!

Yikes! A bed is for husband and wife? What if you are single? Do you have to sleep on the floor?

We have dogs in the bed, and a three year old (not in the bed…he has his own bed). So I guess we managed to do the husband-wife thing....

• :o Huh? :o LOL!!

• @Quercus:

We have dogs in the bed, and a three year old (not in the bed…he has his own bed). So I guess we managed to do the husband-wife thing....

LOL, I'm not sure what the husband/wife thing is all about either😕 . All THREE of us sleep in the bed together but I guess I concider all of us to be part of the same family. To each his own, I suppose.

• Yikes….....get over it

• @LaurieB:

Yikes….....get over it

Get over what???

Seems to me, you need to get over people doing what they want in and with their own bed….

I think this thread has veered of of the topic of Basenjis, so this will be my last post...feel free to have the last word.

• Last night was especially comfy…A little chilly, I had the bedroom window cracked, quilt on top, two "B's"..... one behind my knees, one curled up by my stomach. Doesn't get any better!!!!:)

Suggested Topics