• We have three (just got our third about 6 weeks ago and ,,,yes,,,,,,I know I need to change my name to reflect that :)). They all sleep with us in bed and have done that since we got them – about two months apart. Our first two took about a month to 6 weeks to feel comfortable enough to sleep together in their same doggy bed but the wait was well worth it. It was soooooooooooo cute! We have MANY pics of them in all sorts of positions curled up together in there doggy bed.

• Diego sleeps at the foot of the bed, or by my legs.. i try to make him cuddle with me but that usually only lasts a little!

• @BasenjiDiva:

For those of you who have more than one Bs….Do any of them share the same bed to sleep (not counting YOUR bed 😃 )? Any share a crate? Seems like since there are so many pictures of the dogs napping together, that they'd also want to sleep together at night. We are considering getting another B and just wondered if they would want to sleep together.

Pat

Jazz and Keoki sleep together often during the day, but when she is in her crate at night, she gets N-A-S-T-Y if he tries to get in with her. I guess she figures that's the only place that is HERs and hers alone!

My two sleep in their crates, doors open, but inside an ex-pen –-sounds goofy, but it's the only way Keoki will sleep all night.
    Sometimes he will try to climb in w/her,and then it gets LOUD!!! while she cusses him out. I have to intervene and go tell him to "Get back to bed!!", and then he'll give up and go quietly back into his crate.

So apparently it depends on the individual -- Keoki would share at night, Jazzy will not.

• @BasenjiDiva:

For those of you who have more than one Bs….Do any of them share the same bed to sleep (not counting YOUR bed 😃 )? Any share a crate? Seems like since there are so many pictures of the dogs napping together, that they'd also want to sleep together at night. We are considering getting another B and just wondered if they would want to sleep together.

Pat

Mine will nap together on the couch..some more than others. The two that sleep in our bed don't usually cuddle together, though..only with us. The rest of ours sleep in their own crates at night. I usually trust two dogs not to fight when closed in a crate together. I know there are plenty that are happy doing that….but I don't do it unless I can supervise.

• @Duke:

I don't know how old Cali is . . . for a dog bed in your room. I was thinking he same, would be nice. But Duke, being only 7 mos. . . He still loves taking stuffing out of everything. As long as he's not rebelling with our arrangement, I won't change it. I am hoping he'll be free from all barriers when he gives me the confidence in his maturity. (does it really happen?)

I checked the prices on those dog beds - they're quite pricey. That's why I'm hesitant to buy one.

My-O-my things do change. I posted this when Duke was 7 mos old. He's just about 2 years old now. Duke now sleeps wherever he wants, but then, he was secure sleeping in his crate. I trust him now to sleep wherever he wants. Both Duke & Daisy start out with me and my DH, then Duke slips out onto my son's bed.

He doesn't unstuff his bedding anymore and sleeps during the day on his comfy-fluffy bed in his crate. Daisy sleeps wherever she wants at night, but still unstuffs a crate bed. She now has a crate blanket, still in tact. I tried a big comfy fluffy bed, but it's history - new just 2 weeks ago.

Both like to slip under covers in the morning with me. My DH is long gone to work. (the extra warmth makes if harder for me to roll out of bed. :rolleyes:) Duke doesn't like Daisy to share his space. Daisy would love to cuddle with him, but she knows by his growl - not to do that. However, I've been home the last couple days doing homework and a final exam for an online class. They leave me alone and took advantage of using my son's bed to sleep together during the day. I bet someday, Duke might enjoy cuddling with her little warm body. For now, he's gotta act like his alpha ways with her. BTW - they're both alpha - makes a very lively household.

• When I first got EL D (retired show dog) he had problems with the crate and refused to enter it so he slept in the kitchen in an old dog bed until I could trust him to be loose in the house. The first night I brought him into my bedroom I intended for him to sleep in the dog bed on the floor next to the bed. I never got the chance 🙂 As soon as I entered the room with EL D, he walked around the bed with me and hopped up on top and that's where he stayed. He has his own side of the bed, and sleeps under the covers (he'll paw at me to let him under if I'm in bed first) with his butt against some part of my body. Often he'll start at the top of the bed and eventually rolls down towards the bottom of the bed, always on "his" side. One night he rolled too far and fell off 😃

• Savannah eithers curls up against me (rear end facing me of course) or between my legs if i make the mistake of sleeping on my back.

• Kane used to sleep on my bed, and often took up so much space I couldn't sleep comfortably. He'd always growl if you tried to move him, it was so cute. When he was a puppy I think he slept in his kennel, but I guess he didn't like that.

• I guess I'd better not let Alex see this thread; he sleeps outside in his dog house on the patio. Unless it's cold outside, then he sleeps in his dog bed inside the house.

• Haha, I guess the rest of us spoil our Bs. I say well done for not giving in!

• @Craigh:

I guess I'd better not let Alex see this thread; he sleeps outside in his dog house on the patio. Unless it's cold outside, then he sleeps in his dog bed inside the house.

Don't feel bad. Mine both sleep in their crates in another room.

• I could never trust my Bs outside alone for too long…afraid they may have too much time to figure out an escape route 😃 😃

My two sleep wherever they want but their fav spot is on THEIR couch 🙂 and at night they must got to bed in their crates 😞 C3PO hates that because he'd rather sleep on our bed but Topaz doesn't mind...she's sleep anywhere as long as she can SLEEP...what a lazy dog!

• Our princess Trixie sleeps in our bed under the covers. She switches between right by my husband and right by me but she has been in out bed since the night we brought her home. I know big mistake but I would'nt change it for the world!!

• My husband and I love it that Sahara sleeps in our bed. She is our baby girl, and keeps us warm. 😃

• When I first acquired EL D he couldn't handle the crate so I left him sleeping in the kitchen in a doggie bed. The first time I let him have full run of the house and was going to bring his doggie bed in the bedroom. Yeah right - as soon as he walked in the bedroom he was up on the bed - and has never left :p:

• kip sleeps in his basket at the bottom of ny bed but if it is cold he snuggles up to me in my bed

• Jamie sleeps in her crate mostly, shes 6 so she has gotten quite used to it. On special occasions my wife and I let bboth dogs in the bed. In that case, she sleeps either between us or in the bend of my legs until she gets hot then she will work her way to be lying against my side, feet straight up in the air, snoring, and making my wife and I laugh until it hurts!!

Joel

• I caught EL D snoring a couple of times - at first I thought there was something wrong with him - first time I ever heard a dog snore!

• @wizard:

I caught EL D snoring a couple of times - at first I thought there was something wrong with him - first time I ever heard a dog snore!

We once had a basset hound that snored so loudly that we wouldn't let her sleep in our bedroom.

Pat

• Myran sleeps under the duvet with his head on my tummy and little sister Efia age 10 weeks sleeps in her crate by bed but when she´s housebroken she´s more then welcome to share the bed.During day time they sleep in various dogbed´s but are crated when I leave the house.

Suggested Topics