• Whatever he is, he is adorable, and I am sure he will make a wonderful companion.

• @Quercus:

He looks like a chihuahua to me 🙂 He is cute!

I was thinking Chihuahua , too. I Googled Chihuahua and this site has a wide range of Chihuahuas of varying quality. Scroll down to the third picture. Similar in many ways.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chihuahuaphotos5.htm

• LOL Robyn, I see more chihuahua too.

• @DebraDownSouth:

LOL Robyn, I see more chihuahua too.

he's rather big for a chiuauha though

• My first thought was chiuauaha, he has a bit of a domed forhead, i can also see Basenji and he sounds like he has some traits. A Basenji has two pads joined at the bottom on each foot.
    Great that you have rescued him and i look foward to hearing all about him.

• @roadrunner570:

he's rather big for a chiuauha though

If you see Chis that are actually from Mexico, they are a lot bigger than what you see here in the US. They vary A LOT!

• Does he have a doggie smell?

• Hard to tell - but whatever I'm sure you love him. My first thought was Corgi because of the ears. See what develops- how old is he? Welcome to the forum.

• Corweenie! (Corgi x chihuahua)

Whatever he is, more pictures! 🙂

• The question about the doggy smell is a good one - basenjis do not smell like dogs. If you stick your face right into their fur the comparison is like sticking your face into a nice clean healthy cat - warm and not really a discernable smell. Except their feet. Their feet smell like Fritos sort of.

Suggested Topics