• Houston

♪ Happy Dance ♪….♪ Happy Dance ♪

I am so happy to hear this...keep us posted...

• This is wonderful. Congrats!!

• I agree…. great big HAPPY DANCE!!!!

• excellent news, so happy for you all

• congrats!!

• I was actually astonished at how well Jozie took to jdurden, his wife, and Moxie. She is usually very reserved when she first meets people and sometimes won't even let them touch her. It didn't take long at all for her to put her feet up on him begging for treats. I kept thinking, "Who took Jozie and put this dog in her place?". :p

I took a video of the two dogs in my yard. I feel like I should be singing square dance music "Swing your partner, do si do", haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qm3D_Pa6hM

• Houston

What a great video..looks to be hitting it off…How exciting, keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

• Glad that it seems to be the perfect match!!! Of course there will be squabbles… but sounds like Josie has found her new forever home!

• I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that this is going so well! This is such great news!

Pat
    (and Jozie's kin, Jayden and Cory)

• Obviously Josie has been waiting for the RIGHT HOME and found it!

• this is wonderful news!!!!

• Fantastic hopefully this will be a happy ending for all.

• I love play bows!

• And the dance continues in Florida. Donna shot this video and I have just learned how to upload, thanks to Robyn. Jozie is adjusting very well. She is timid about everything. I left her out in th house with Moxie on the porch for about two hours. When I came home she was sitting up on the sofa watching TV. We have tried to get her on the sofa but she has refused until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rSuZybICw

• I am so thrilled to catch up on this thread & read the good news!! I love Jozie, and have been hoping she would find the perfect home for a while. Sounds like this couldn't be a better fit for anybody involved, and I'm happy for all parties. Its always so nice to hear happy stories like these 😃

• Basenjimamma,
    Robyn has already been told, there is no way Jozie is ever leaving our home. She is officially a part of the family.

• @jdurden:

Basenjimamma,
    Robyn has already been told, there is no way Jozie is ever leaving our home. She is officially a part of the family.

:D:):D:):D:):D

I'm so happy for you guys! I forgot to mention on my previous post, I completely agree 10000% with everything everybody has said about Robyn. She is a wonderful breeder, and a great resource and mentor. My dogs aren't from her, but she is always available via e-mail or phone to answer basenji related questions. I would not hesitate to adopt a basenji from her should the right circumstances arise. I just can not say enough how happy I am for you, Jozie, Moxie & Robyn.

• Both videos show that Jozie likes Moxie and won't give up till he adores her too. They do look a lot alike, a lovely pair. A perfect fit was worth waiting, and driving, for! Congratulations.

• @jdurden:

And the dance continues in Florida. Donna shot this video and I have just learned how to upload, thanks to Robyn. Jozie is adjusting very well. She is timid about everything. I left her out in th house with Moxie on the porch for about two hours. When I came home she was sitting up on the sofa watching TV. We have tried to get her on the sofa but she has refused until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rSuZybICw

what a lovely matched set of basenjis!

• Today makes one week since Jozie came to live with us. She is a different Basenji as she has changed a lot. She has also changed Moxie from being a very insecure, lonely Basenji missing his lifetime companion to an alert, more active Basenji who trots around the yard with head held high or running after the teasing squirrels. Both have bonded and are very comfortable with each other. Every day brings more changes. Last night, Jozie joined Moxie and I on the sofa during an entire movie. She now routinely walks up to where I sit and wants to be rubbed. She is like a shadow following us when Donna or I move about the house. She has to know where everyone is and what they are doing at all times. Jozie is a playhead and starts teasing Moxie into play when we first get up in the morning and continues all day. What can I say, she is at home and loves it. Her adjustment has progressed at an amazing rate, beyond my wildest expectations. She is doing things that I did not expect to see for at least one month such as allowing me, a male to hold her when she was not accustomed to men. She is laying on the floor beside my chair as I write this.

Jozie and Moxie are so similar in color and marking that when I simply glance at one of them, I regularly mistake which one it is. I have placed Moxie with Jozies food by mistake on one occasion and have done the same with Jozie on one occasion. Moxie has lived with me for ten years.

We have posted four videos now on youtube for public viewing. Here is a link to those videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdurden32904

Thanks once again to all of the well wishers out there in Basenji land and many thanks to Robin Dubbert for allowing us to bring this wonderfull girl to share our home. Robin still has some beautifull puppies that need a good forever home as well as a couple on fantastic adult male Basenjis. Anyone wanting a good companion is doing themselves a disservierce by not talking to Robin and going for a look at these Basenjis.

Suggested Topics