Skip to content

Looking for Female Basenji in UK

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • wanted a basenji dog male or female in UK.

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    ZandeZ
    Only in a negative sense. There are none available. All breeders have lists spilling over to next year. But email me privately and I will send you a list of Breed Club Secretaries. If you get in quick, you will be my 184th enquiry since lockdown and I haven't bred for 10 years or more. No - you are too late already, 2 more in this morning. . . so you might make it to 186th on my list.
  • Looking for a Female Basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    All pups have been placed as responsible breeders have reservation lists. We are not at this time planning a litter for 2020 or 2021. I would be happy to talk to you about Basenjis. You can search for responsible breeders at www.basenji.org by state, however as far as I know all responsible breeders on the West Coast already have full reservation lists. You would be looking at litters possible in 2021. This is the time to connect with a responsible breeder and get on their reservation lists for 2021. And if you are looking for a dog that is hypoallergenic, Basenjis do shed and have dander so they are not really hypoallergenic. While they can do well with people with allergies, you need to spend time with them and more than one time. Be sure that you check out health testing yourself, regardless of what you might be advised. Tests for DNA testing is public knowledge at www.ofa.org. You need to have either a registration number or name to check this out for yourself to verify. I suggest all people looking for a Basenji, even my own, do this.
  • Looking for a Basenji in the UK

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    Email me privately. Address in websites in signature block. I have had in excess of 100 enquiries since lockdown. The world has gone mad for puppies of all breeds. You are unlikely to find one this breeding season. Some breeders are already filling up lists for spring of 2022. Your research will have shown you that Basenjis are once a year girls. In the northern hemisphere this means most of them whelp around November or December
  • -1 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    @hawk8875 - Those listing with AKC are paid advertisements. There is no requirement on who can pay to be listed. Go to www.basenji.org and then to find breeder and you can search by state. Breeders listed on there are members of the Basenji Club of America.
  • Looking for a Basenji UK/London/Kent

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @buzz-carmenator I have sent everyone who mailed me a list of Breed Clubs in the UK with their secretaries email addresses and also that of the Basenji Rescue co-ordinator. BUT - people who want a puppy are advised to read a great deal up about them, including the fact that, in the Northern Hemisphere, at least 95% of litters are born November / December ish. So puppies are unlikely to be available until late February next year at the earliest. Basenji ladies are once-a-year girls, coming into season September / October ish for the most part. Several of the people I have referred to individual breeders have already visited with them and, if considered suitable, have been put on lists for the next litter. However some people have decided that, on closer inspection, a Basenji is not for them and others have visits pending. Have a good read of all the articles, including the Zande Put-Off on my website (see signature block) and then email me privately.
  • Looking for female basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    NobleJoAN
    @helle-devi Thank you for responding. I have already been in touch with the basenji sisters. I was not aware before I contacted them that they are located in CA. I think the distance between us is too great. If things didn’t work out between my basenji and one of their girls, the distance would be a problem. I did become a member on the Facebook site that you recommended. Thank you so much! I was unaware that such a site existed. Jo Ann