Hello I am new to this forum and i'm a Brit!
About 6 months ago we decided we would like to get a dog. We looked into it and decided that a male basenji puppy would be perfect for us. We got in touch with a breeder and they said that the puupies were planned to be born around now.
But since october when we last saw them, and said that we would like a puppy, we've got a cat. She probably won't be too much trouble though. The only problem is that of the 6 puppies born (on "nd January) only 2 of them are male. The breeders have been in touch with us and asked if we'd have a female but we don't know! We were quite set on having a male puppy and now it seems a bit unlikely. Neither my partner or I have actually had a dog before so we thought a male dog would be easier to look after.
Do you think we should see if they'll let us have a boy, wait until next year or take a girl?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks, Emma and Maartin.