• sigh.

It looks like this is "it". I have made an appointment for Friday afternoon to have my beloved Gypsy put to sleep. Gads I hate even writing that.

She has really been struggling lately, worse than ever. Many times she can't stand up by herself and I have to help her. She has begun frequently urinating on herself, and when she does manage to get outside she more or less collapses on the porch to pee. Last night my daughter had to literally carry her in from where she'd collapsed on the porch as she was unable to get herself back up and just lay there breathing heavily. She smells awful despite my daily cleaning of her hair.

It's starting to feel mean to keep her going. The vet I prefer wasn't available until Friday afternoon, and I won't let "just anybody" send her off with me,so Friday it is. 15 is a good, long life for a golden mutt I know, but man it feels too short for me.

Lots of tears already this week…..and I'm not even a crier..... I am going to be a wreck Friday. My best friend has offered to go in with me, but I'm not sure yet if I want that. It is a very nice offer --she's not really an "animal person" but really does get that I am and knows just how hard this is going to be for me. My husband is pretty sure I'll cancel the appointment, but the last couple of days have really shown me that it's time.
    😞

• These are always hard decisions.. But the right ones..

You are in my thoughts. Enjoy eachothers company for these last special days..

• Oh my God what an awfull w.e. for all of you !!! For now, with our 14 weeks old pup we don't think of those sad moments that will befall us all… Remember that you gave Gypsy a wonderfull life, something that is not reserved for all doggies around !!! Be convinced that you will be in my thoughts from now on and give brave Gypsy a big hug from little Bendji and a big kiss fom us here in Belgium !

• I am so sorry to hear that…. that was the same with my OJ.... at the end... he couldn't get up by himself and after he was finally up, he couldn't get back down... While it is so hard to do... sometimes they just tell us it is time....

Remember that she has a great long life with so much love....

Hugs... and my kids that have passed before her will be waiting.... to help her across

• I'm so sorry. You and sweet Gypsy are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Oh my, I'm so sorry. I hope your next few days together are filled with loving memories. My heart breaks for you.

Please indulge your beloved Gypsy with all the forbidden fruits of the dog world that they sooo love and we withhold for their health. A Hot Fudge Sundae, perhaps?

Hugs and prayers to you, and for Gypsy. I'll be thinking of you.

Dawn

• I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

• I am so sorry…..you and Gypsy will be in my thoughts...

• I'm with Dawn, give her steak, ice cream, whatever she loves, for the rest of the week and then be with her and tell her how much you love her. It hurts, but you must remember that you have given each other love for all these years, now it is time to do the hardest thing of all, help her gently to the Rainbow Bridge. There are wonderful spirits there waiting for her.
    Hugs to you and your family. We must do this for our furry friends, and only wish someone could do the same for us at our end.

Anne in Tampa

• I'm so sorry to hear this.

God bless you.

• Giving your sick b the gift of peace is the hardest thing you can do, its also the last loving thing you can do for a dog who is ready to go to the Rainbow bridge.
    Hugs and hugs.
    It never gets any easier.
    Hugs again.

• I'm so sorry and I feel for you - it's a difficult decision. Gypsy's long life couldn't have been better guarding her big family.

• I am so sorry to hear that you will be giving your Gypsy up, I hope you know my thoughts and prayers are with you…

• You gave her a happy life, we always would like it to last forever.
    I will think about you, Gypsy and your familly.

• This just breaks my heart. I'm sitting here bawling at the thought of it. I know one day I might be faced with the same decision. I can't even imagine. 😞 I'm so sorry.

• I am so sorry, it is the hardest and the kindest thing we can do for our dogs when the time has come. I will be thinking of you and Gypsy.

• I'm sorry it's time for your little girl to leave you. 15 years is fantastic and I'm sure she is grateful to have spent it with such a loving family. Spoil her rotten, and know that this end is the sweetest gift you can give her now. Hugs.

• JM…Noooo...I'm so sorry that Gypsy isn't doing well. 15 years is fantastic for a golden, but that doesn't make it any easier. I know it is a tough decision, but she will be in a better place. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.:(:( Oh, and I'm not a crier either, but your original post made me cry.

• So sorry for you but it's the best decision you can make - she's hurting now but in a short time she'll be whole again and waiting for you. Enjoy the memories you have made with her.

• Big cyber hugs from us.

Suggested Topics