• Sometimes the most difficult choices, are the right choices. As hard as it will be to let her go, she will be in a better place, without any pain. Just remember the 15 years of memories you have shared with her. My heart goes out to you. hugs are being sent your way from Maryland.

• your way. I know how hard this must be for you and your family. You are doing the best thing for Gypsy though no matter how hard it is, I had to put my cat of 19yrs. down last summer. It is the hardest decision to make but my vet told me that animals let us know when it is time for them to go, and Gypsy has spoken with not being able to go and get up on her own. My thoughts are with you, Sahara sends her love also.

• Good luck today. My heart is with you!! Hugs!!

• Our thoughts are with you today .

• Hugs to you and your family today. This is the hardest thing we have to do for our fur-babies. Friends will be waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge, and there will be a new star in the sky tonight.

• I am thinking of you…

• JM…You, Gypsy and your family are in my thoughts today. 😞

• I'm so so sorry for you and your family. I know it was a difficult decision. You have a lot of cyber friends mentally holding your hand today as you go through this.

Pat

• @JazzysMom:

sigh.

It looks like this is "it". I have made an appointment for Friday afternoon to have my beloved Gypsy put to sleep. Gads I hate even writing that.

She has really been struggling lately, worse than ever. Many times she can't stand up by herself and I have to help her. She has begun frequently urinating on herself, and when she does manage to get outside she more or less collapses on the porch to pee. Last night my daughter had to literally carry her in from where she'd collapsed on the porch as she was unable to get herself back up and just lay there breathing heavily. She smells awful despite my daily cleaning of her hair.

It's starting to feel mean to keep her going. The vet I prefer wasn't available until Friday afternoon, and I won't let "just anybody" send her off with me,so Friday it is. 15 is a good, long life for a golden mutt I know, but man it feels too short for me.

Lots of tears already this week…..and I'm not even a crier..... I am going to be a wreck Friday. My best friend has offered to go in with me, but I'm not sure yet if I want that. It is a very nice offer --she's not really an "animal person" but really does get that I am and knows just how hard this is going to be for me. My husband is pretty sure I'll cancel the appointment, but the last couple of days have really shown me that it's time.
    😞

With tears in my eyes, I am thinking of you and your sweet Gypsy today. I remember how hard it was a little over a year ago to take that same walk with my dearest friend Snowy. Heaven loans us the angels for such a brief time, but I have said over and over again that if the pain I feel from his loss is the price I have to pay for having him in my life, it is worth every tear.

Be gentle with yourself, and know you gave her the very best, always.

• Your family is in our thoughts as well.

• I know exactly how you feel… Our hearts and thoughts are with you...

• Thinking of you today and holding you close to me in my thoughts and payers. Hope your entire family is holding up OK, and are soon consumed with loving memories of your beloved Gypsy.

• lost my non basenji friend in august It is so hard. May you recieve comfort thru your tears. You know you have provided all good doggy things to have lived so long. There are so many that never have a good life filled with love My thoughts are with you

• Jazzysmom,

I'm so sorry, you guys are in my thoughts.

• Thank you to everyone.

Gypsy's passing was quick and peaceful. She, the vet, and I all sat together on a big blanket on the floor and he waited until I gave the go ahead. As you all know, it takes only seconds. Then we sat and talked for a few minutes;he was compassionate and was even able to lighten the mood with humor. She is gone.

Jazzy and Keoki were looking out the windows for her when I came in alone. You could tell they were confused. They'd been upset and whining when just the two of us left, and were expecting her to come home full of smells from new places. When she didn't come in with me, they both kept running to the front window and looking out, then back to the door, back to the window.

And now, my house - with six other people, two Basenjis, and two cats – feels so empty. sigh.

Thank you all for your support,prayers, and good thoughts. They are appreciated.

• Oh… my heart breaks reading about your situation. 😞 It makes me so tearful to know the pain you're going through. We're all here for you... I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a great big hug.

• Bless your heart, this is so hard. I believe in rainbow bridge and hope to see those pets we have lost all over again someday… My father-in-law is a Baptist Preacher and doesn't think dogs go to heaven. So I tell him "they don't, they go to rainbow bridge and once we're in Heaven we can go over and see them whenever we want to." -My love goes out to you at this difficult time.-

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts & prayers to you & your family for comfort.

G

• Very sorry for your loss, the decision to make someting is very hard..

Our hugs and thoughts to you and your family

• 😞 Oh, goodness. I looked at the first few sentences of this thread earlier in the week and had been tiptoeing around it all week, afraid to read through and wind up bawling at my desk. Much better to be weeping now in my quiet house on a Sunday morning.

Makes me want to go snatch my sleeping b's out of their beds and give them a good snuggle…but we all know how popular an idea that would be! They're in for some good scritches and hugs when they wake up on their own, though.:p

What a tough decision, Jazzysmom, and a good mom you are to have let your girl go. Hugs to your whole family; the two footed and four footed kids who all must miss their big sis.

Run, Gypsy, run! Good Girl!

Suggested Topics