Skip to content

My pack, guess which one thinks shes a basenji, she rules them too!

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    kray14K
    [image: 1575434982821-img_4047-resized.jpg] [image: 1575435022062-img_4052-resized.jpg]
  • Do you think he is part basenji or Jack russell?

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @mamicam said in Do you think he is part basenji or Jack russell?: He's darling. Brat had a half chihuahua/half baseji on the mixed page years ago. So who knows. Whatever, that' is one cute fellow! A basenji/jack russel would not be affected by Fanconi as it is necessary for both parents to have the gene. Unless the parents are also mixes with fanconi genes. However I agree the DNA can give a lot of value for health as well as cues about what breeds are in the mix.
  • Do I have a Basenji???

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    15k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    ditto to eeeefarm... you belong... basenji, basenji mix, pseudo basenji.. it's all good!
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    No idea, sometimes with mixes it's so hard to tell what the parentage is. I do think that your dog's head is a bit more refined than many of the pit mixes i've seen.
  • Guess again!

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    AJs HumanA
    Okay, I'll have to start making these tougher. I think everybody got this one. But it's still fun. :D There will probably be another coming in a few days…..;)