Skip to content

Our basenjis

Show Off Your Dog
  • Here are pictures of our 12 year old Jasmine and newest addition as of last friday–-Killian (1 year old). Jasmine picked him out and he is just settled right into our family. As you can see from the one photo he loves our son Logan and Logan loves him.

    attachment_t_818_0_jasmine.jpg
    attachment_t_818_1_killian.jpg
    attachment_t_818_2_logan-killian.jpg

  • Awww - Jasmine looks like a Queen on her throne. And Killian looks like a really nice handsome boy. As does your son, Logan. It is wonderful to see how well B's and kids get along. That is a cute picture of them together. Congrats on your new addition. Curious - where did you get Killian - thru BRAT?

  • We got Killian from a breeder in Ohio–-Jim Edgerton. That's where he had gotten our previous male basenji. We took Logan and Jasmine to his place and looked at several 1 year olds and a puppies and Jasmine eliminated the others and we agreed with her pick.

Suggested Topics

  • Biker Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    7 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    helle deviH
    THANK YOU for this!!!! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: Snazzy outfit, Ms. Fonzarelli!
  • Ruffles - the Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    7 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    N
    What a beauty Ruffles is! Thanks for sharing his picture! XO
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • Basenji mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    Q
    Wow! That is certainly a fascinating mix! ;-) Two sighthounds and a Spitz in there, so will probably see much the same sorts of behaviour as Bs….I bet she's quite a runner too! Good look with your girl!
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji or not??

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    L
    Thank you very much for the info. I will have to try the time out. He was crate trained as far as being house broken, but now when I put brownie in the crate all he does is whine.. I do have 2 older dogs. one that plays with him and the other, well he just growls at brownie. The mother that was there when I got Brownie was a white shepard, maybe that is where the broad nose comes in.