Our 3 Versatile Basenjis - yes basenjis can do it all.

• Gambit recently earned her GRC and now is a versatile basenji like littermate Tempest, and uncle Xander. Hoping for nice puppies this yr from Tempest and a sire still TBD:)
    attachment_t_15534_0_stewart-proof-sm.jpg

• Congrats… that is great!

• Very nice dogs, can't wait to see the pups. I love it when they are full out in a run, they actually look like totally different dogs, if only people knew how wonderful Basenjis are I'm sure there would be a lot more around, do they really have a reputation for being difficult and hard to train or is it because they are still quite rare and people just don't know? I love having the one dog in the neighborhood that doesn't make a nuisance of itself barking.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• It's all in how they are raised. Mine have all enjoyed their obedience lessons and walk great on a loose lead with my whippets. I dislike very much when I see basenjis getting snarky in public. They can be well behaved if trained correctly. A lot of owners just shrug and say that's a basenji and let their dogs continue in poor behaviors

• Your dogs are beautiful!
    I can't wait to see their future kids!

• Truthfully, Oakleys 2 1/2 and I still can't figure out how to get him NOT to snark if he doesn't like a dogs exuberant approach or gets tired of playing with another dog…

• Congratulations 🙂

What lovely dogs!

Suggested Topics