• so ive had to go into hospital for several days and im missing my little ratbag so bad. thought i would share some photos i took before i left. Shes having tonnes of fun at home with the OH.

I pulled out all the bags and Hope decided to help me choose what bag i should take… she likes this one πŸ™‚

Snuggles in bed for me

Looking cute

Yes?

Poser

Chillin out on the verenda

A good spot for a sleep?

A quick family shoot

Stealing a cup. tsk tsk

And Hopper in my spot on the couch. She never sits in my spot, but this was the first day i was gone, she kept looking out the door waiting for me to come home and eventually just laid there. My poor baby.

• Poor Hope, she missed you! I hope you are home and all better now

• I hope you are better and can get home soon!!

• atm i am still in hospital and it sucks as i cannot go home to visit as im actually in Brisbane (im from townsville). But im counting down to Monday (thats when im going home) SO excited.

I talk to her on the phone. The OH says she just looks at the phone all funny and then goes to the door to find me. I even get a baroo from her πŸ™‚ the OH gives her cuddles and love and everythings still the same for her except, im just not there.

I dont mind sharing as i was born with this disease - i have Cystic Fibrosis. Im not a typical text book CF sufferer though and pretty much lead a normal, healthy active life - i just sometimes need help to get ontop of my lungs. I dont let it dictate my life too much. To be honest, the happier you are the healthier you will be. heh. πŸ™‚

• I am sending the deepest respect for how you handle your health and your attitude. Your family including your B, is so lucky to have you and the example you set in their lives. Hope you are well soon and back home with your family and that gorgeous basenji.

• Oh Lysh, I hope you are beginning to feel a lot better very soon… Good to see that Miss Hope is doing ok without Mum, but Im guessing she is wanting you home ASAP as well...

Get better soon :-)...

Any issues for you guys with the floods ???

• Thanks Debra -heh you only live it once so might as well make the most of it πŸ™‚

also how Hope got her name if it suited her, our little bit of Hope. lol (also - i HOPE shes being good lol jks)

Saba re: the floods, we have been lucky. We flooded a little over christmas but it all went down within 24 hrs except for the creeks over the roads. (about three roads stayed under the christmas/new yrs but they werent major highways or anything).

However as you probably know the Rockhampton area is copping it. The only backlash we've had from that is that the trucks arent coming up so no resupply of foods on our shelfs but im sure we'll all survive LOL :rolleyes:

• Lysh, kudos to you for dealing with your CF and keeping on top of it. And I am sure having Hope does wonders for you. Will the hospital let Hope in for a short visit? Or could you at least meet her near the doors?

• adorable πŸ™‚

I love the picture in the bed in the bookcase πŸ™‚

Hope you get well soon πŸ™‚

• @Kipawa:

Will the hospital let Hope in for a short visit? Or could you at least meet her near the doors?

Heh, i wish. unfortunatly i have had to go to brisbane as we have a special cf team that takes care of us. I live in Townsville, about a day and half drive away (and impossible to drive due to the floods - i flew down) - i also get time to go out when i would go see Hope but we are in different cities lol

@BaiBee:

adorable πŸ™‚

I love the picture in the bed in the bookcase πŸ™‚

Hope you get well soon πŸ™‚

lol thank you πŸ™‚ she likes anywhere that she can get off the ground πŸ™‚

• hang in there, Monday is almost here!!!

• Thank you for sharing your story and wonderful pictures with us! Hope offers hope! She's the best thing you can have for your health too.

• Hope all is well, (pardon the pun !!!), and you are out soon…

The flood stories on the news each night are just soooooooooo heart wrenchingly sad... They really are... Glad you are not affected yet... They are saying some more heavy rain is predicted, just what the whole of Qld doesnt want, or need...

• Here's hoping you are feeling well and home soon with Hope. LOVE that you referred to her in your first post as a "ratbag" - I have called mine many names, but this is a new one - very fitting for Shaye when she's misbehaving, so I hope you don't mind if I adopt it! Glad you are not being drenched with all that rain! I believe hugging your B is the best therapy you can have for your condition. Best of luck to you…...

• Lovely pics of Hope and i do hope you are out of hospital soon. You have a great positive attitude πŸ™‚

• Won't be long and you'll be back home with Hope although I'm sure it feels like forever. I don't suppose you get many visits being so far away. I hope all will be well soon.

• Hope everything works out for you and that you are home as scheduled.
    I especially liked the picture of the dog with the bed in the cabinet. πŸ™‚

• @Shaye's:

….. "ratbag" - I have called mine many names, but this is a new one - very fitting for Shaye when she's misbehaving, so I hope you don't mind if I adopt it! ......

hahah yeah thats fine πŸ™‚ my parents used to call us kids ratbags haha so thats where ive used it from πŸ˜ƒ

@Patty:

… I don't suppose you get many visits being so far away..

Unfortuntly i dont have any family in brissy so ive pretty much been by myself. Thankfully i have my laptop and wireless interenet to keep me entertained

The other half uploaded a video of Hope to his Youtube accound.. She found herself a rhino beetle. Not to worry we put the beetle back in the tree πŸ™‚ poor beetle would have been exhausted if the OH was at work and she was by herself lol she makes me laugh and i really enjoyed seeing her and it brightened my morning so i thought i would share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didfLvtF8t0

• Not long now, Lish - hang in there!

• It's nice the hospital has internet so we can check in on you! Hope you're out of there and STAY out of there!

Suggested Topics