Hopefully Babies for Langarni Basenjis.

• Whelping box square is now done… Just have to put the pig rails in, put the waterproof base on, cut out the door, and its all done... Yaaaaaaaaay 😃

• Houston

It is moving along nicely..so exciting.!!!

• @saba:

Whelping box square is now done… Just have to put the pig rails in, put the waterproof base on, cut out the door, and its all done... Yaaaaaaaaay 😃

LOL and if your bitch is like any of mine, that is the last place she will want to have her babies!…. Favorite choice of mine was under the bed or in a cabinet behind the pots and pans!

• Oh Tanza you just bought back some stressful memories for me 😉

Our very first litter of ACD's, we had the whelping box all set up in our bedroom. She was doing everything really well, when suddenly she decided, (at the very last moment I might add :rolleyes:), to jump up on the totally unprotected bed, and out pops number 1… Thank you Dallie, really appreciate that :rolleyes:...

Eventually get Mum and bub all settled in the whelping box, when once again, she decided at the very last minute, to have puppy number 2, on the bed in the spare room :eek:.

This went on like this for all 11 pups, all the beds were completely stripped and washed, and there was an awful lot of cleaning to do, to get the house all spic and span again :)... She was incredible, the way she just found any spot she wanted, then popped them out, cleaned them, I put them back into the whelping box, and then she was fine, UNTIL the next pup was ready to make an appearance :):):)...

OCHRE WILL NOT DO THIS...

• Exactly Saba…. that is why all of our beds have water proof fitted mattress covers!...

• Ahhhhh but Ochre wont be able to get to ANY beds ;). Our beds are on the 2nd floor, with a baby gate stopping anyone from getting upstairs :D…

• @saba:

Ahhhhh but Ochre wont be able to get to ANY beds ;). Our beds are on the 2nd floor, with a baby gate stopping anyone from getting upstairs :D…

You are under estimating the will of a Basenji 😃

• Houston

You are under estimating the will of a Basenjis

the will of a pregnant basenji at that….;);):):):D:D

• Can you post a picture of her while pregnant? I'm just wondering "how" pregnant a trim basenji usually gets.

• @Kipawa:

Can you post a picture of her while pregnant? I'm just wondering "how" pregnant a trim basenji usually gets.

LOL, really pregnant!

• @tanza:

You are under estimating the will of a Basenji 😃

No No NO…

It cant happen, it wont happen, will it ??? Surely she wont be able to scale a baby gate, that she cant get over whilst not pregnant :eek::eek: Please dont tell me she might !!! I already am scared witless, I dont want to have to worry about her trying to get over the gate as well ;););)

• @Kipawa:

Can you post a picture of her while pregnant? I'm just wondering "how" pregnant a trim basenji usually gets.

I will get Mr Saba to help me put up a pic of her, today… She is generally such a beautiful slim, trim, fine little lady, and now she looks like a blimp 😃 ;)...

I had to laugh at her last night... I was taking her outside for one of a number of wee's she's been doing lately, when she spotted a wallaby... Well off she went to chase it, (on a lead I might add...). Absolutely no co-odination, nor speed, and the wallaby was long gone, by the time she got to where it was... I did laugh at her, Im sure even fat me could have gotten to it faster than she does at the moment :p... Bless her...

• Ochre at 2 weeks…

Ochre at 3 weeks…

Ochre at 4 weeks…

Ochre at 5 weeks…

Ochre at 6 weeks…

Ochre at 7 weeks, (yesterday…It was VERY cold, and she isnt a very happy bunny at the moment !!!).

Ochre's belly shot…

Well I really hope they have come though... I still have NO idea what to do, but when we have time I will write down EVERYTHING that Mr Saba says, so hopefully I can put more pics up myself :o

So how many little bubbies are in the 'oven' ??? Guesses anyone ??? 🙂
    attachment_p_114093_0_2.weeks.preg_1.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_1_3.weeks.preg_1.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_2_4.weeks.preg.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_3_5.weeks.preg_5.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_4_6.weeks.preg_4.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_5_7.weeks.preg_4.jpg
    attachment_p_114093_6_7.weeks.preg_8.jpg

• First Basenji's

Very interesting. I have not seen many pregnant dogs (or overweight basenjis, for that matter) before. There's no mistaking what's going on!

I'll take a wild guess and say… FOUR! I have no idea.

• What a pretty girl!! She's definitely pregnant 😃 I think she'll have four, three girls and a boy 🙂

You have to post pics more often!! They are great!

• I'm saying 5 (3 boys, 2 girls)…btw, she looks much like my Ruby did when she was pregnant - like a pygmy goat! 😃

• Houston

She is glowing :), I love her belly bump. Pygmy goat is exactly what she looks like to me as well..
    I think 4 as well, but two and two..
    Yes for more pictures..:)

• LOL, she looks wonderful… and certainly pregnant!.... I am going to guess 5 also, but 3 girls and 2 boys....

• LOVE her preggy pictures! Thanks so much for posting them. At the six week mark it really became very noticeable. My guess is 5, but I am saying 3 boys and 2 girls.

• Thanks everyone…

Im very happy with my gorgeous Ochre's pregnant tummy :)... She is doing very well, no morning sickness, just still crabby with anyne who comes near her !!! I think I felt some bubbies moving last night. Cant be 100% sure, but I think I did :)...

Im glad nearly everyone says about 4-5... Ive had a couple of people say a bit higher, but right from the start Ive thought 5... Im hoping for a nice boy for me, then all the other orders Ive got are for girls, so if I could have 3 boys to choose from, the rest girls, I will be VERY happy 😃

Booked for an x-ray for Monday 21st, which is also piccy day, so that will be interesting...

Just a question ??? For those that x-ray the week prior, do you need to sedate the bitch for the x-ray ??? Not at all something Im going to do, but it has been mentioned ???

Suggested Topics