Skip to content

Cool Basenji Bowl

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • Anyone feeding raw eggs to their basenji

    Basenji Feeding
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    People that feed raw add raw eggs all the time. I have from time to time... as I feed a modified raw diet
  • Wise basenji mom, feeding 3 with no tummy problems!

    Basenji Feeding
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @Baba-Bamidele I change kibble so that no matter where I am, where I go, if I need food for the girls, I have a number of different choices. Do not have to rely on just one. And I don't have to worry about the standard "change food slowly".... they are used to many, many changes
  • Basenji and food problem suggestions

    Basenji Feeding
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    28k Views
    R
    We tried Purina Pro Plan food on our 3 rescues. Even though we gave this to them a little at a time to blend in over several weeks, they ALL had very runny stools and it would not stop. In fact, the more Pro Plan they got the more trips to the yard. Gave it up, and no more problems. This was Pro Plan dry and wet. Same results either way.
  • Won't eat out of a bowl. Any ideas?

    Basenji Feeding
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    9k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Happy that all is well and going so great since the food bowl solved. Have fun. Rita Jean
  • What if your Basenji is putting on the pounds!

    Basenji Feeding
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    9k Views
    AlexA
    Chance and Kiya get 1/2 cup/each of innova dry food in the morning after a 2 mile run and 1/2 cup each of innova dry food at night after a 3 mile walk. Usually in the mornings I mix their dry food with salmon oil and at night I mix it with nonfat plain yogurt. From what I learned salmon oil helps with their skin and joints and yogurt helps with digestion. Sometimes I also mix green beans into their food, but they don't seem to like it that much. I started giving chance a bit less per day, about 3/4 of a cup instead of a full cup, as he is getting a bit heavy.
  • Youngest Basenji is too skinny

    Basenji Feeding
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    15k Views
    P
    If it's any consolation Koyu,my Kangal (Anatolian KarabasSheepdog) (who was the runt of her litter) would eat hardly anything when she came to us. We kept her going for 12 months on raw eggs (from our own free range chickens) and wholemeal biscuit. One day she showed an interest in her Basenji sisters and brothers and from then on ate normally. She also grew to normal height and weight.