• I have found out that there are several things that Medjai goes to smell that he hates. When he smells them, he makes the strangest face, and shakes his head.

Some of these things are…
    Carmex
    Bourbon
    Tiger Balm

I was wondering if you have seen this funny face, and what your Bs hate. I have seen a thread of the dogs hating the smell of the Vicks Facial Tissues.

• And Carmex is great for "booboos"…. on your fur kids... they hate the smell and will not lick it off....

• Cigarettes
    Aftershave
    TCP (antiseptic)

• cigarette smoke…..

• Medjai hasn't gotten too close, but form about a 6' distance, he still doesn't mind the smell of cigarettes and their smoke.

On another hand, would carmex be good to put on a bug bite, or would it bother it more than the random dog licks?

• @etzbseder:

Medjai hasn't gotten too close, but form about a 6' distance, he still doesn't mind the smell of cigarettes and their smoke.

On another hand, would carmex be good to put on a bug bite, or would it bother it more than the random dog licks?

I use it all the time on my kids…. and they do fine... and leave the booboo alone.... and usually with a bite it is more the "random licks"... they can get pretty intense about it.... at least mine do

• Hey Michael, good for you for joining BCOA! They published your application this month.

• Thanks, I still have not been told if they accepted it or not.

• Tea Tree Oil. This stuff is great to keep the dogs from licking a spot. They absolutely hate the smell. When I have to use it the poor dog who ends up with it on looks like they are repulsed by their own odor.

• Max's nickname was Elvis. He would curl up his lip on one side when he didn't like the smell of something–I think the worst smell for him was bad breath. Before I would go out on a date, I would breathe in his face a little to make sure I didn't need more mouthwash 🙂

• Chance is the only one who is picky with smells. I use tea tree oil to wash my hair and he goes crazy. He wants to rub himself on my head!
    Here is a list of things he doesn't like:
    Vicks
    perfume
    pepperment
    hairspray
    smelly lotions
    Dr. Bronners Soap
    cleaning products
    tiger balm
    baby powder
    cigarette smoke

• Nice one MaxBooBooBear. If I'm not cautious, when I yawn, Medjai tries to lick my mouth dry, so I can't do that. I haven't tried the tea tree, but Medjai loves the shampoo a few girls wear and doesn't stop trying to roll in it.

• That is funny that Chance doesn't like Dr. Bronner's Soap…DH uses that and the entire house smells like it after he takes a shower. It never stops jack from trying to lick him clean.

• Phoenix does that wierd curled up lip "ohh that smell is NASTY" Face lol

#1 would be cigarette smoke
    others would be those cintrella candles u put on the table,
    nail polish.
    nail polish remover,
    any type of smell good spray ,
    antcovies,{can't blame him on that one }
    Morning breath {can't blame him on that one either }
    and i'm sure i'm forgetting some but those are the ones i can think of

The thing he does that drives me CRAZY

I go to Yankee Candle and buy those really expensive but really good smelling candles lol and when ever i get a cookie type of smell like { oatmeal. sugar. coconut ect. } he tries to eat it out of the jar {not when it's lite but before} i have to make sure i pretty much glue the covers on or take them out of his reach or i leave the room for a second and there he is with his candle on his bed trying to paw the smelly cookies out { or so he thinks } lol

• @etzbseder:

Thanks, I still have not been told if they accepted it or not.

You are published for two months and if anyone has comments they can send them to the board and after that the board votes on your membership. So you have next month to be in the monthly newletter and then they will vote the month after. So July most likely they would vote on the membership.

• ok, thanks for letting me know. I got a notice of something like that a while ago, but my memory isn't good enough to know the details. I have sent them an email and haven't gotten a response yet.

• Topper bites his tail sometimes, and tea tree oil keeps him away from it. When I reach for the bottle, he runs and hides, poor baby! It works for us.

Anne in Tampa

• I haven't found anything yet that tayda and lenny don't love to roll in. the stinkier the better! lenny particularly loves hair dye! when i'm dying my hair at home i'll usually bend forward and turn my head upside down to "shampoo it in" and lenny will come up and turn circles in front of me and lean up against my legs trying to get closer and closer. Crazy dog! gotta love 'em!:o 😃

• Cyrus snuck a little lick of some wasabi while Cale and I were eating Japanese food recently. He hated it! He started sneezing and wiping his paws over his snout. Cale and I secretly hoped that would be a lesson to him about stealing food.

• Booger once snuck a Taco Bell hot sauce packet off a countertop & chewed on it. Now whenever he smells hot sauce he starts snorting & pawing at his nose. He will still steal anything he can get his paws on.

Suggested Topics