• Thank you everyone for your info and concern. We travelled back to Port O'Connor TX to search one more time on Saturday July 9th. We are very sure someone has him . Several dogs were lost that weekend and it is very apparent that most of the lost dogs had been picked up by visitors to that area and taken with them. It is sad but we pray he is well loved and taken care of. We miss him dearly. Other dogs that were lost with collars, chips etc was a whippet and labs. None were found or reported as being found. Very sad indeed!
    Thank you again.

• Thanks for the info., Nemo!

• We used Karin Tarqwyn. She was fabulous. She is $90 an hour for consultations, but she is incredibly good at getting into a lost dog's head and letting you know the best strategy to get him back.

http://www.k9pi.com/

• Dear Patty M
    My heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw this picture. I wanted it to be him - sadly it is not - but so close -so very close.
    I want to thank you so much for watching out of him and for calling my son last night. We are still heartbroken yet hopeful that he will be found. We miss that little guy terribly.
    Thanks again.
    Lorraine

• UPDATE DEXTER IS ALIVE! July 13 @9.30 am
    Just got a call from a fisherman in an airboat who is currently tracking him thru the brush in Port OConnor TX. He swam across the water and is running along a high deer fence. (I don't know whether I am happy I taught him to swim at this point or not.) He has survived the brush, rattle snakes, coyotes and 115 degree heat 13 days. Please pray for us that we get him back in our arms quickly and safely.

• Prayers going out to you and Dexter. PLEASE keep us posted!

• Thank You Bewler. Patiently waiting for for the phone call - it's a 3 hour drive to that area plus travel in an airboat. My heart is pounding. I will keep you updated. This is an unbelieveable story! 13 days - 115 degree heat - 20 pounds - wow!!!!!!

• i hope everything turns out well and he gets home safely! good luck!

• @lorwhiteside:

Thank You Bewler. Patiently waiting for for the phone call - it's a 3 hour drive to that area plus travel in an airboat. My heart is pounding. I will keep you updated. This is an unbelieveable story! 13 days - 115 degree heat - 20 pounds - wow!!!!!!

AND - he managed to travel 3 hours away! What a story your boy could tell when you get him back - and we are all sending prayers and good wishes that you DO get him back!! I think I can presume to speak for a lot of folks here when I say that you will all be in our thoughts today.

• Hoping he is caught and back with you. Its amazing the things they can survive. I had a friend who lost her whippet in NY and it was picked up by a fisherman out to sea and brought to NJ for rehab, reuinted with her weeks after becoming lost.

• Waiting for good news!

• We are all sending you positive vibes!!! I hope hope hope you get great news soon. Let us know

• First Basenji's

My heart is pounding, too! Hoping to hear good news soon.

• Very exciting news! Dogs are survivors and can make it through some tough situations.

• C'mon Dexter, come home!!!

Terry

• Hope you have him soon, I lost 2 for a full day once, one blind girl, who stayed right next to the sightned boy. Found them curled up on feed sacks in a stroage building. So prayers do get answered. Keep us posted.

• Keep the faith, Lorraine! 🙂 Basenjis have wonderful survival skills, and until he's actually snuggled under your covers… keep the networking going. Re-post your Craig's List ad, post on the FB Basenji Rescue page, and here, too. 🙂 There are a lot of happy stories within this forum, where basenjis have run away and have been found weeks later. Greg lost Bunny for 7 days in December, during one of the worst blizzards in Connecticut. The string is located here... with a happy ending. http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10398
    There is also Binta in Titusville, FL, who escaped when her owner was in the hospital. She was recently found- after 5 months! 🙂
    http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10834

Hope and positive baroos to your family and Dexter. 🙂

• I hope you aren't posting because you are busy snuggling Dexter!!!!

You are in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!:):):)

• Houston

oh my …I just read this and started balling...I so pray you will be with him soon, if not already...I can only hope for an awesome outcome...sending best wishes and the most positive vibes I can muster..

Keep us posted..

Suggested Topics