• Too funny, summerland… you've posed a question that our members apparently can't answer with a resounding "yes" or "no". 🙂 In my opinion, if your intent is to keep your cute puppy as a pet, then whatever the pedigree is really doesn't matter. The dog will love you no matter what the test says.

Our first dog, Joker, was considered a rat terrier by the puppy mill (that sold him to the pet store, who sold him to an misunderstood owner who quickly surrendered him to the humane society :)). When we took Joker to the vet, the vet said that while Joker may be a rat terrier on paper, he certainly has basenji traits that are just as dominant. Lucky for us, we researched the basenji breed, and adopted Lucy 2 months later (a red basenji pup). She eventually grew into, and then out of, her cute wrinkles.

Show us a picture, and we will bombard you with more opinions. 🙂

• LOL Patty, I got called to evaluate a chow at the shelter. Ready for this? It was a Pomeranian. A fat pom, but a pom. lol. And a hound they said was a rottie. Rottie rescue in FL took her though, I drove her 4 hours because she was unbelievably sweet.

• maybe it was the new 'toy chow?' 🙂

• <–-- Debra gets the soap to wash Tlish's mouth out with soap.

There is a buddy of mine who runs Inky Rottweiler Rescue (Indiana KY). Someone there is breeding mini Rotties. The shelter told her they know who but won't tell her because she'll be in jail and they need her too much. She said at least the dogs have nice temperaments.

• Designer dogs are just mutts with good PR. Its awful that folks are breeding mutts and putting a cute name on them. Cute names don't make these dogs anything more than mixes.
    My issue is that these "folks" are making $$ when lovely mixes in shelters go wanting.

• hahaha! really, with all the designer dogs these days, the shelter ppl probably did think it was a mini chow.

and mini rotties?? what is she breeding them with - a min pin? sad….

• LOL we have no idea, but yeah I'd suspect a min pin since the colors are all right and short coat.

• that poor min pin…. or would they have to use AI? oh... it's just too creepy for me to think about. (coming from the woman who nearly fainted when the vet said suki could go into heat at six months - that little dog got fixed fast!)

• LOL my Rottweiler went into heat and backed her butt up to the bed trying to entice the toy poodle. Lucky for me and not so much for her, he was neutered young and had no interest.

• lol usually when you breed a bigger dog to a smaller dog the Male is the tiny one. Its just dangerous to do it the other way around. As far as DNA breed testing I would go for it if I could. But i am just interested in those kinds of tests. We offer them at our clinic but i haven't ever seen results for them.

Suggested Topics