Skip to content

"A Tired Basenji Is A Happy Basenji"

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 1 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @B5004EVER , sounds familiar! Yes, they do like to make themselves comfy at your expense. One of mine liked to sleep horizontal across the bed, leaving my husband and me to cling to the edges, as you describe. Another caused us to almost die.....laughing. The covers were pushed up, and when we moved them we discovered her sleeping on her back, legs in the air, little butt right next to our heads! Hysterical! But most of the time our Basenjis were trouble free sleeping companions, although on occasion they did snore....
  • Does your Basenji canter "true"?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @Knipper: Cricket canters true on left and right lead. Her flying lead changes are stunning! I wish I could get those out of Ryley! Perry does nice flying changes too, and occasionally does a simple change through trot. He is certainly smoother and more consistent than most of my horses, who will throw in a disunited stride or two on occasion! :)
  • A few "firsts" for Cody

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    snorky998S
    Great job Crystal and Cody:). Macpac says it all when it was stated "Kudos to you for teaching him to love and be happy. " We sometimes forget that the baby-step advances with an in home raised puppy (as difficult as that is at times) is really nothing compared to the difficulties and patience needed when an older dog, abused, neglected, or just plain unwanted/emotionally devoid Basenji is adopted in a home. Baby steps for others, can be a GIANT grand canyon type leap for a rescue/rehome and their family. Congratulations for jumping the Grand Canyon:D
  • "Free" Basenjis =/

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Oh, and I bet they are intact…sigh...we will be seeing lots of b's and b mixes coming up... Darn it!!!
  • The "Look"

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    lissthorL
    Basenji seem to be the masters of the non-verbal put down. And I also agree with Basenji Boy's comment, reminds of that bumper sticker: the more I know of people, the better I like my dog. What is the correct plural of Basenji? 'Basenjis' or 'Basenji'? A Yodel of Besenjis?
  • A real Basenji "Bash"

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @etzbseder: Luckily, at my parents house, their dog has put smudges all over that door, and Medjai just scratches at it when he wants in. (I know I shouldn't reward it, but he wants in). I had Medjai yelp once when jumping off the bed, which is strange because he likes to sit on my shoulders and has jumped off there to chase animals without a problem. Keoki scratches when he wants in – started when we taught him to ring bells that were hanging, but the bells have disappeared "literally", so now he just scratches. Drives my husband crazy, but hey! Jazzy just sits quietly and winds up staying outside far longer than she wants to because I don't know she wants in. Keoki jumps up and scratches loudly.. guess who gets first?