Sherwood's Breeding Plans 2010

• Aaww.. Just beautiful… Congratulations!

• Pictures of the little ones at one week old are up!

http://www.sherwoodbasenjis.com/puppies1.html

I absolutely cannot believe how fast these babies have grown!

• Robyn, they sure make a beautiful family! I must confess that I haven't seen pups this young… will their fur become more red as they grow up?
    I love how the little one near Bindi's head is snoozing away, maybe waiting for his/her turn?

How does the rest of your pack react to the pups, or don't they? 🙂

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• The do look like superpups! What were you feeding that momma? 😉

• I must confess that I haven't seen pups this young… will their fur become more red as they grow up?

Newborn Basenjis are born with blackish hairs in their coats. This is most visible on red puppies but you can see it on the red/tan areas of tris and brindles too. Red pups actually look grey-brown. The black hairs steadily come out and each week the red/tan areas become richer looking. Most puppies will be free of these black hairs between 4-10 weeks of age. However, the mother of this litter is tricolor so all of the puppies will carry the tri gene. They will all retain an area of black on top of their tails for life.

How does the rest of your pack react to the pups, or don't they?

All of my litters are born in my kitchen which is open to my living room where the dogs and I hang out. All of my previous dams have been easy-going and were perfectly fine with me leaving the puppy pen door open and dogs wandering in and out of the puppy pen all day. Not Bindi. She is highly protective. Baron has always adored puppies and he is pushy about seeing them and even grooming them. She will (tensely) allow him to peek into the pen but I do not let the other dogs near the pen. As the pups age, Bindi will become somewhat more tolerant to the males. The other girls will never be allowed near the pups unless Bindi is securely confined elsewhere.

I love how the little one near Bindi's head is snoozing away, maybe waiting for his/her turn?

Her 🙂

• Houston

Wow, they look so big and healthy..what a nice litter Robyn, congrats again..

• What a lovely picture and such even puppies. Gorgeous!

• Robyn, what a wonderful litter of pups. So sweet! Baron should be so pleased of himself!

• I love how you can see that Bindi has her paw twisted so she can touch one of the puppies bums- too cute, what a good mom!

• The babies are 2 weeks old now. When they aren't eating they are sleeping and when they aren't sleeping they are eating. Cute but still kind of boring lol. Pics and 1 video are now up.

http://sherwoodbasenjis.com/puppies2.html

• Aaaawww…. that video..... so cute!! Please don't stop posting!

• Robyn, can we see new pictures please? What are their personalities like? Is momma still as protective? Can dad still sneak in to see his babies? 🙂

• I should have said to all on this forum as did Nothern Gurl that I do not want to hear from anyone - as I said I have no interest in hearing from any of you vultures. Already one person has made a disparaging comment that perhaps Twin Peaks is in actual fact the breeder. I am not the breeder!!!
    You people r entitled to your opinion as is everyone on this forum. What you r not entitled to do is malign someones integrity. Which you have done with lies have truths - I find it all disgusting!!
    Do not reply to me again - I do not care about your opinions. I have unsuscribed from this thread - good ridence to u!

• Houston

Why oh why did you attack this thread with your dribble drabble?

• Robyn, we would all love to see pics of your puppies.

• Houston

oh, thanks Lisa.

• SOOOO….. ANYWAY.... 🙂

Robyn, can we see new pictures please? What are their personalities like? Is momma still as protective? Can dad still sneak in to see his babies? 🙂 How are they all doing?

• @Patty:

SOOOO….. ANYWAY.... 🙂

Robyn, can we see new pictures please? What are their personalities like? Is momma still as protective? Can dad still sneak in to see his babies? 🙂 How are they all doing?

The pups are almost 5 weeks old now and Bindi shows no concern about Baron being around them. Bindi's yearling sons, Spot and Rainie, are too rambunctous to be around the pups while they are this small. A few days ago, I had forgotten to put up the x-pen baracade. The boys bolted past me when I brought them inside and they ran to the puppy pen. The door was open and Rainie hopped in while Spot looked in curiously. Bindi was watching them intently but didn't get too upset. I got the boys crated before they squashed the pups. I do not allow the other two girls near the puppy pen unless Bindi is outside. Both love babies and are very gentle with them.

The pups are developing slower than normal which leads me to believe they were born a few days premature. (They are 3-5 days behind where they should be.) They still sleep most of the time and the length of time that they are animated is brief so personalities are not apparent yet. I can see some things but they will go through many changes in the next 2-3 weeks so what they do right now may or may not be who they will end up being.

I uploaded photos of week 3 and week 4. The pictures are not very good though.

It's 3 am so I'm sorry for misspelled words and poor punctuation.

http://sherwoodbasenjis.com/puppies3.html

http://sherwoodbasenjis.com/puppies4.html

• Thank you Robyn! I didn't mean to add to your busy day… but they are SO adorable! I love the video of puppy 1, where she is contently falling asleep in the middle of play time! (That reminds me of my husband, who will fall asleep if he sits down after 8 pm, no matter where he is! :))

Let Bindi know she did good! Has she recovered all right?

• awww… that video is too adorable.

Suggested Topics