Skip to content

G'day from Australia.

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

    Member Introductions
    11
    3 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @zande said in Hello from Melbourne, Australia!: What is her breeding ? so we can make sure she is in the Basenji pedigree on-line database ? you can also email me a photo and update it as she matures. And I say it again ! PLEASE can you let us know her parentage so we can be sure to include such a pretty girl in the pedigree database ? Photo too, so the world can see her.
  • 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    Buddys PalB
    what a cute little sh–--head! yep, your getting used to him! you'll be glad you got 'stuck'. REALLY!!!!!
  • Hello from Australia!

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    wizardW
    My EL D will nip "unprovoked" at the legs of any males that come near me – I think it's related to incidents with his previous owner. But also I've been noticing that these "attacks" are not always totally unprovoked. In some cases, he'll nip at my brother when he comes out of the dark guest bedroom or up from the dark basement and I think he doesn't like the surprise. He'll also nip if there's too many people crowded around me or him and so maybe he doesn't like feeling surrounded. Maybe there is something that is really setting off alarms with your beastie too. EL D hasn't been any problem when we're out on our walks - he'll even let the neighborhood kids come running up and pet him (I've told all the kids however that they have to let EL D smell them before they touch him and the kids all respect that so far). The problem might partly be a territorial thing.
  • Hello from Australia

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    @Cruiser: I would love a pup from "Tamsala" Basenji's Yes, that would be Jan Roberts… I have a litter that was by one of her dogs, Dual Champion Tamsala Rocket Socks that she sold to the Jones Girls in So. California and so does lvoss... Jan has some nice Basenjis....
  • G'day from Oz

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @Jen_westoz: Thanks Pat, Its always a good sign when people are so helpful and willing to send you information about their dogs. Even without visiting Davina I am already sure she is a fine breeder and you've confimed it for me! My originally intentions of waiting a year are getting harder and harder to stick to. If only we had moved already! Well there is still hope she may still have some pups when I am ready or I will just have to be patient until next year. I would rather wait for her next litter now that I have heard such good reports than go to someone i didnt know much about. I think you are making very smart and wise decisions… and I know how hard it is to wait....:D ... I waited almost a year before I got my first Basenjis... Good luck... and I know you will be a wonderful Basenji Slave!
  • It's my first day!

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    16k Views
    bethp14B
    Hey thanks! A Basenji owner's manual is exactly what I've been looking for. The more I learn about these amazing creatures, the more I realize that everything I've ever known about dogs and puppy training is pretty much useless! These guys have rules of their own! I will send for my copy right away. I really appreciate all of the help I've received from everyone here so far. It's already proven extremely helpful. No help like that from those with "on the job" experience! I look forward to sharing my experiences with Missi and Cooper as well. Thanks again! ~Beth