Skip to content

Good Day To All

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Good morning.

    Member Introductions
    13
    1 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    V
    I love Basenji so much and wish to adopt one. I hope I must get some beautiful information here about Basenji.
  • Advice please if a Basenji might be a good match.

    Member Introductions
    63
    -1 Votes
    63 Posts
    34k Views
    ReddieR
    It’s been a while! Lexie is almost 6 m.o and 50+ pounds, doing great so far. Potty/leash/ crate training. Cats are adjusting well!)
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Why can't the teens help out? Seems like good responsible character building. Sigh. Good luck on finding him a home.
  • Good dogs

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    They are both fixed and I have had a behaviorist in who was helpful in many ways. Willie had developed dominance aggression and deffered (I think I spelled that wrong) aggression. His aggression only seemed to surface in response to the way Rosie picked on him - it all sort of snowballed and anytime we went away and left them with someone else (in the house) something big (and bad) would happen. Willie's aggression has really decreased. He's almost his old sweet self - we feel much better about his behavior. Rosie needs some more work as far as he's concerned, but she's a sweetie with us. We'll keep trying and we haven't given up hope yet!
  • ! Guten Tag - from good old Germany !

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    13k Views
    basiB
    @sircanda: Sally told me that Casia looks just like her grandma. I have seen the first photos when Casia was 3 hours old. She had the cutes face and almost looked like a Shar-Pei puppy. :) So i knew that she´ll be welcomed soon in our family (just had to convince Steve - which was done quickly). Yes the Zandes all have very distinctive heads which I like better than alot of the other heads in the UK.
  • It's my first day!

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    16k Views
    bethp14B
    Hey thanks! A Basenji owner's manual is exactly what I've been looking for. The more I learn about these amazing creatures, the more I realize that everything I've ever known about dogs and puppy training is pretty much useless! These guys have rules of their own! I will send for my copy right away. I really appreciate all of the help I've received from everyone here so far. It's already proven extremely helpful. No help like that from those with "on the job" experience! I look forward to sharing my experiences with Missi and Cooper as well. Thanks again! ~Beth