• that is just great! You both deserved something positive to happen!

• Special request Jess, can we see more pics of Sidney 😃

• Jess

Well done to Maya. You were very lucky and I can imagine how pleased you were/are. Perhaps this will make up a little after your dreadful ordeal.

Thank goodness that Maya hadn't taken more of the poison - I'm so relieved that she is ok now.

• Lovely photos and great show. I, too, am so sorry and sad about your loss.

What is Maya eating?

• Well done little Maya en mom! Big congrats!

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time.. Glad your baby girl puts a smile on your face 🙂

• Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, it is very much appreciated 🙂

Vicki - Maya is eating sausage, bacon, eggs, fried bread and black pudding 😃

Here is some more of Sidney:

• Thanks for the cute pics of Sidney Jess, excuse my ignorance but will he stay that colour or go darker?
    Maya knows how to live, tucking in to a full English 😃
    Did she use the fork as well? 😃

• OMG! Sidney is just about the cutest thing I have seen!!! Where did you get him from?

• It is illegal in the state of California to own a hedgehog.

• Pygmy Hedgehogs are very difficult to find here in the States. Many states have outlawed them. I can't figure out why. Unfortunately, since you're in California, they probably led the gauntlet. If you live in San Francisco, almost all "exotic" pets are outlawed.

Maya, Sidney is gorgeous! I can see in one of those photos that you've come in contact with those guard hairs a few times…the things we do for our loved pets.:D I have met several pygmy hedgehogs, but only one was albino. She was pretty, too, but Sidney takes the cake!

• From a website about hedgehog ownership, "here is a list of states and counties where it is illegal to own a hedgehog: California, Georgia, Hawaii, Nebraska, New York City and Fairfax County, Virginia. A permit is required to own a hedgehog in these states: Arizona, Maine, New Jersey, Wyoming, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania."

• So I still wonder: what's their beef with hedgehogs?

• California's concern is that they will be released into the wild. There are several species that are allowed as pets in other states that are illegal in California such as Ferrets, Sugar Gliders, and GloFish.

• …and African Clawed Frogs, alligators and hippopotomi. Oregon is getting snickety about what pets you can have, too.

• I have a colleague who owns and breeds ferrets even though they are illegal in California too. My former roommate had two while we lived in dorms… Another friend has GloFish. It's a question of whether anyone ever finds it or not.

• Yeah, some of your states have crazy laws about pets. I have parrots also (you may have noticed!!) and it is illegal to own a quaker parrot in California. I cant work out why, they are totally harmless, not critically endangered and make fantastic pets.

I do know of several people who have "illegal" species of birds and like has been said, its just a matter of whether people find out or not 😃

• Yeah, I think I saw a picture of your parrot… Good-looking bird!

• I just don't get why you would want something that is illegal. If someone reports you, you lose a critter you love, and the critter is put down.
    Why set yourself up for that??

• Maya is eating sausage, bacon, eggs, fried bread and black pudding

My best buddy here in GA is from the UK - I'll have to ask her if she'll fix me that for breakfast. I sent my friend the picture of Maya eating her breakfast.

The Hedgehog is darling! I've never seen one before.

• I have been placed several times into the position of having something that was illegal simply because while I had acquired an object legally, a law was subsequently passed making that object a crime to own.

I believe in 4th Amendment guarantee to security in my property, house, person and effects from unreasonable search and seizure as well as 5th Amendment protection against deprivation of life, liberty and property without due process. If what I own does not injure anyone else and I acquired it legally, I don't believe it is anyone's business what I have. Further, I believe that simply passing a law against something because the majority of people voting on it don't like it does not constitute due process, especially if I previously acquired that item legally.

Sheesh! When are people in this country going to learn to mind their own business!

Suggested Topics