Skip to content

A few "firsts" for Cody

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • "Warning" about Bs

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    22k Views
    dadojeD
    How true. I'm surprised no one has started Basenji Anonymous, LOL It's like pringles can't have one. Although I have just one now. I have owned Basenjsi for 30 years. I tell my dog loving co-workers about Kay-Dee's antics and they love hearing about her. She goes a lot of places with me and she has her own fan club.
  • The "perfect" breed

    Basenji Talk
    54
    0 Votes
    54 Posts
    26k Views
    S
    The Evergreen basenji club in Seattle has wonderful lure coursing and rally training. The basenji weekend is Aug is a great way to see b's do all sorts of activities. The dogs doing rally and lurecoursing are my fav…
  • The "Look"

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    lissthorL
    Basenji seem to be the masters of the non-verbal put down. And I also agree with Basenji Boy's comment, reminds of that bumper sticker: the more I know of people, the better I like my dog. What is the correct plural of Basenji? 'Basenjis' or 'Basenji'? A Yodel of Besenjis?
  • Meaning of the name, "Basenji"

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    13k Views
    J
    Hmmm, I wonder if we got Joey and Jazzy together, if their pups would be laid back? Joey is pretty calm compared to most bs that I have heard of or seen.
  • I know you cant "make" them, but…

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    abby_basenjiA
    Are you kidding I can't get my Abby to stop. She does it everytime someone comes up the stairs from the basement or my husband will hold his arms out like he is going to grab her and she will tilt her ears all the way back and let out a big barooooooooooo!
  • A real Basenji "Bash"

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @etzbseder: Luckily, at my parents house, their dog has put smudges all over that door, and Medjai just scratches at it when he wants in. (I know I shouldn't reward it, but he wants in). I had Medjai yelp once when jumping off the bed, which is strange because he likes to sit on my shoulders and has jumped off there to chase animals without a problem. Keoki scratches when he wants in – started when we taught him to ring bells that were hanging, but the bells have disappeared "literally", so now he just scratches. Drives my husband crazy, but hey! Jazzy just sits quietly and winds up staying outside far longer than she wants to because I don't know she wants in. Keoki jumps up and scratches loudly.. guess who gets first?