Skip to content

New Coats!!!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Coat Question

    Basenji Talk
    14
    1 Votes
    14 Posts
    5k Views
    R
    @elbrant The first time I took Ibis lure coursing: I let go, and she ran straight to the lunch stand! It was in the opposite direction of the field. I don't think she could figure out why a dog would run after an empty bag, when everyone knows, they're much more interesting when heavy!
  • Basenjis are double coated?

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    24k Views
    M
    Now Vito has less fur, because is so warm here, and he is more soft :-) He grow up on Mexico City and live outside now he lives on the south of Mexico with 40 degrees and he lives inside.. so.. he dont need that fur anymore
  • New puppy

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    rnastoR
    I would suggest waiting until you get the little guy. Indi didn't have a name for abut 2 days. We had all these names in mind and none of them fit. Thats my two cents anyway (oh ya and because we did that I have a cool costume for him on haloween but I don't think I am going to get any cooperation on his end)
  • Doggie coats

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    WBLW
    @TuckerVA: There is a Mexican Hairless in my neighborhood and he's got a -40F coat. It also has a knitted neck that comes up to the ears almost. Not sure what brand/type it is, but I can check if anyone is interested… It just doesn't get that cold here in Va, at least not in the 10 years I've been here. I think it rarely gets below the high teens here. I would be interested in that
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...
  • Winter coat

    Basenji Talk
    53
    0 Votes
    53 Posts
    39k Views
    miss_sadaM
    My dog has a few coat and has boots that she wears in the snow. She has a fleece hoodie and a jean jacket. I now have an IG doggie how hates the cold so I looked on the greyhound sites and found a coat that is made for basenji's and IG's. I forget the site off hand but I will look it up for you and get back to you. It is fleece and has a snooze(neck/head warmer). Great coat and easy to put on.