Poll: Where Does You Basenji Sleep?

• Ours have a very similar crate that they sleep in together. Congratulations on the breakthrough! Intact paper towels! Amazing!

• Aww - if only they could talk, maybe this was what Keoki would have told you along time ago. :rolleyes: They look so happy - I'm so glad that you found a solution. 🙂

• Sleeps in his own bed until we fall asleep and can't kick him out of our bed!

• Three on the sofa, 3 piled up on a chair, 3 in their own beds on the floor!

• Barley sleeps in my bed. He sits on my pillow and paws at the blankets until I lift them up for him. Then he crawls under and sleeps at me feet. Not quite sure how he breathes under there?? Any time I move in the night he makes sure to scoot over so we are still touching.

• Heh, I dont think my B likes being under a blanket. He refuses to do so. He'd rather curl up into a ball and sleep next to my face for warmth.

When he's blowing his coat is can be a bit frustrating….

• All 3 of my past Basenjis slept in my bed. Now with a new 7 month old it's in the crate for now.

• First Basenji's

Cody likes to sleep wherever I am. If I fall asleep doing homework on the living room floor, he curls up next to me in the bend of my knees, my side, or my chest. He prefers sleeping in the bed though. He used to sleep in the bend of my knees there (it's closer to the fan, too), but lately he has been dragging his bed into my room, letting me know he wants it on my bed so he can sleep in it as well. He's such a bed-hog though. I almost always end up on the edge of the bed, so halfway through the night, I wake up and scoot back over.

• Houston

Otis sleeps in his crate at night, and it butts up against the other dogs bed, and it is within an arms lenght to our bed. In the day time he really like to make a nest with a twin comforter that I left in a heap on the office floor. All of our dogs love that heap, but Otis loves it the most, nesting on a daily basis in it.

• Since Bendji came living with us he sleeps in our bedroom in his cosy, fleece lined crate with a soft teddy dog-bed in it (no no he isn't spoiled …:rolleyes:).
    When we go to bed, I carry him upstairs (we have a very steep, slippery staircase ...) and when he notices his crate in our bedroom, I have to hold him firmly or he jumps out of my arms to get in it !!! He has NEVER attempted to jump onto our bed which is only a few inches away from his crate. Glad we have done this right from the start ! 🙂

• depending on who of the dogs is following me upstairs at night, the others stay in the living room at the sofas and in our home office at the guest-bed. 6 dogs in my bedroom would be way too much and would not leave any space for me. As they really get nasty when disturbed at night, they have decided it is more comfy to stay in "sets of two" during the nights…

Regards,
    Esther

• They sleep with us in bed, one under the covers at the bottom and the other on top of covers right up by the pillows between husband and I. Not sure who snores worse Dh or Eli. But love all the snuggles I get from my B's when we have the bed to are selves;).

• Maya and Delilah the pug both sleep in my bed. Maya usually sleeps under the covers as close to me as she can get, or curled up on the pillow next to my head.

• Shaye starts out on her bed next to my bed - around 4 or 5 she gets up onto my bed and burrows under the covers - that holds her till we get up around 6:30

• It's rather comical waking up to a sighing Basenji. It's like I'm inconveniencing him for wanting to sleep past sunrise (5:30am here). Usually followed by him rolling around, on his back trying to bite my hand (playfully). Or he will put his paws in my face letting me know he will wait no longer.

• The puppies sleep in a crate - that's the safest place for them and my belongings/furniture as well as for the sanity of the other dogs! Elsa was crated overnight until she was about 2 1/2 until she could be trusted. Now she just sleeps wherever she wants in the kitchen (usually a chair).
    But if I didn't have a husband they'd ALL be in the bed!

• @noodle:

But if I didn't have a husband they'd ALL be in the bed!

I wouldn't let Sean hear you saying that!!!

3 of mine sleep in crates and Trouper sleeps wherever he wants, usually the sofa. He never did take to being in a crate. All the puppies were treated the same and all were crated from an early age but Trouper just hates it. His uncle is exactly the same, he's much happier to be curled on on someone's lap.

• OK - as far as everyone is concerned on this forum, if my wife asks…..................ALL Basenji's sleep anywhere but the bed!!!!

It can be our secret,

Honest,

Alan

• Our first two Basenjis, Cody and Delta, slept in the bed, under the covers. Delta usually curled up in my belly and Cody in between us. My wife got tired of waking up to Basenji toe-nails sticking into her back or stomach or legs. I don't know why:D It could get a bit hairy when they were miffed with each other, but such is life.

Our recent addition, Leo, sleeps in a crate next to the bed. At 4-5 AM we open it but he just yawns and says "I'm comfortable here". On weekends he may hop on the bed about 6 AM but won't get under the covers.

We'll see what happens when my wife is travelling:rolleyes:

Tom

• For some reason, my B refuses to be under a blanket. I have an old down comforter for him to curl up next to, but originally i thought he might like it for the winters. Nope, he will instead tuck his legs under my pillow while im sleeping if he gets too cold.

First time he did it I couldn't stop laughing.

Suggested Topics