• Jackpot started having brief episodes of reverse sneezes after he got his Bordatella vaccination. It seems to have stopped for the most part (the nasal vaccination was approximately 1 weeks ago)..but I was just curious if this was "normal"? I know the vet said he might sneeze more than usual, but he didn't mention reverse sneezes.

Thanks,
    Chellie

• I am pretty sure that it is normal although not necessarily extremely common. It's because of the nasal vaccination.

• My german shepherd mix would get such bad sneezing (regular and reverse) fits from the nasal bordatella vacine, that after the first time, I switched her to injections instead. All 3 of the Bs I've had have sneezed a little but not excessively.

• Thanks for the replies. Jackpot's reverse sneezing seems to have subsided (and even when he was doing it it lasted 30seconds max)ā€¦but he looked scared (poor boy). It was easy to distract him by showing him a toy or getting him interested in a treat and the rev. sneezing stopped...but I wonder if we should do the injection next time? He goes to Doggy Day Care...so he needs Bordatella every 6 months.

• When Chance got his nasal Bordatella he did the exact same thing for a few hours. When it came time for Kiya's Bordatella we opted for the shot instead and had no problems.
    If you are given the option I would just do the shot instead so Jackpot won't have to go through that again. Poor little guy. šŸ˜ž

Suggested Topics