• wow. It's so hard to know what to say because words certainly don't heal the heart. I'm sorry for the pain and suffering you are both enduring, and wish you strength on Saturday as you send Rocky across the bridge.

• Prayers to you during this difficult time.

• You are doing the right thing for Rocky by letting him go on Sat. You are right, he is letting you know it is time. I am so sorry for you, it will be difficult but letting go sometimes is part of loving something. You have been strong, and so has Rocky. You have given Rocky a good life, and now you have to stop the pain, it is right.

• Rocky departed from this world today at 5:00 p.m. He screamed in his sleep the past two days… I couldn't prolong his suffering, nor mine watching him fade.

Today was a good day. He was upbeat and the weather nice enough to take a long, long walk. And then we said good-bye.

I will always love you, Big Dog. We will meet again.

attachment_p_40642_0_rocky-v.jpg
    attachment_p_40642_1_rocky.jpg

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace sweet boy…run those green fields at the bridge until your people come for you.

It's our last great act of love for them....but never an easy one.

I will always remember your Rocky on this day, my Dakota took his journey 3 years ago today.

• He runs free and easy now, RockysWoman.

Such compassion this hard decision takes. Such love. He knows…he knows.

• Hugs to you RockysWoman.. you did what was best for him… and as said, he knows...
    Run free now Rocky... free of pain..... and with so many that have gone before him over the Rainbow bridge...

• So sorry for your loss.

• Oh dear, how did I miss this post yesterday? I am so sorry for your loss.

Prayers are with you.

• Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Many prayers and hugs being sent your way.

• I am very sorry for your loss, Rocky was a great friend and you did everything humanly possible for him. I hope you find some comfort knowing that his last day was a good one, and you were together. You did the hard thing, but the right thing, for him.
    Anne in Tampa

• Oh my, my heart goes out to you. Reading your posts as you've gone through the last few weeks makes me want to cry. Sweet thoughts and prayers to you and your little one who will miss Rocky so much. Wishing you the strength to come through this, grieve, heal, and move on to the day when perhaps you can bravely love another basenji.

• It has been 24 hours now and I still wait to hear his nails click across the floor, with a grand run and jump! onto the bed.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I will always miss my Rock. What a wonderful introduction into the world of basenji's he was. He may have been my first, but he will not be my last.

My girls and I sorely miss him… as does his buddy, Torgun (Papillion).

Even knowing this was coming doesn't make it any easier. But I thank you for all your advice and comments the past year. You truly helped me to live with a very sick dog... we all know life with a basenji is never easy. But it's a wonderful ride while it lasts.

• My heart goes out to you in Rocky's memory. It is so sad, losing our loved ones. You did the everything right for Rocky - he is no longer in pain. I wish you many happy thoughts of Rocky to get you through this very difficult time.

• @RockysWoman:

It has been 24 hours now and I still wait to hear his nails click across the floor, with a grand run and jump! onto the bed.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I will always miss my Rock. What a wonderful introduction into the world of basenji's he was. He may have been my first, but he will not be my last.

My girls and I sorely miss him… as does his buddy, Torgun (Papillion).

Even knowing this was coming doesn't make it any easier. But I thank you for all your advice and comments the past year. You truly helped me to live with a very sick dog... we all know life with a basenji is never easy. But it's a wonderful ride while it lasts.

I am so sorry to read about Rocky. My thoughts are with you, and your girls 😞

• I'm so sorry for your loss. You were an amazing mom to Rocky & as much as it hurt, you did the right thing for him. My heart goes out to your & your family during this time of loss ((hugs))

• My thoughts are with you and Rocky. You were lucky to have each other.

I know what you mean about listening for his nails - all your routines. When Pasco died it was making broccoli for dinner that got me - he used to wait next to me while I cut it up, knowing I would give him some. The first time I made it after he died, I just cried. But it made me smile about him, too. Here's to all your good memories about Rocky.

• My dear friend sent this to me when my beloved b had to be put to sleep.
    I am sharing it with you.

"I have sent you on a journey to a land free of pain, not because I did not
    love you, but because I loved you too much to force you to stay"

That really was the way it was for me, I think for you as well.
    Hugs, hugs, hugs.

• I'm so sorry his time was short. And I'm sure you will meet again.

• This whole story is so sad and so sweet. This thread really needs a new, more respectful and descriptive title. Even though I understand the desperate frustration in why it was named this at the start.

{{{hugs}}} to you, Rocky's forever mom.

Suggested Topics