Skip to content

Who's Basenjis' actually howl/yodel?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Taz's first yodel!

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    krunzerK
    I love it when they talk and yodel. Whenever they do I always give them huge praises and lots of pets, though this positive reinforcement does not seem to yield any more yodels. I am very excited when I do get them.
  • Mismarked Basenji's

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    24k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Hi Vickayx, First let me say Dolce looks adorable. Her white face only makes her look distinguishd. As far as I can determine the only thing mentioned in Basenji Standards is that white should not predominate for her overall appearance and from what you have written you really dont seem to be planning on showing anyway. Years ago I bred Rodesians to show but as I got older I decided that what I wanted most was a little snuggle bug and went to rescue B's. spacicfically those who had had a hard life before me. We now have 2 four legged children who are always rooing to show how happy they are. Enjoy your new baby and remember to try and not let her know she is smarted.
  • Your basenji's tricks

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    16k Views
    LyshL
    @Whoalookitsme: Does anyone have any videos of these lovely tricks :) I done one not long ago but I didn't like it and deleted it. But I do plan in making a new one in the following weeks :D ill share when I do
  • 'It's a race-dog!'

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    JannekeJ
    @Schouiffy: Hehe. I know… Well I don't live very close to Bern at all - but YES!! Thank you for owning the Italians last night. :) !! Orange is such a nice colour. =) Orange is a great colour ;)
  • What's your B's name?

    Basenji Talk
    71
    0 Votes
    71 Posts
    64k Views
    z1njaZ
    Bushongo Cosmo, breeder who decided that. And I think its ok :)
  • Basenji's and Allergies

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    jys1011J
    BBOB-whew! So glad that you've done some homework with them. We've had too many abandoned B's lately that I can't bear it anymore. Like Andrea it depends on what they've gotten themselves into during the day like pretty flowers, grass or flowering trees…then I'm in trouble. :)