Update on Cody. Took him to the vet yesterday afternoon. After an ultrasound and a battery of test. My vet confirmed no blockages and the blood work came back normal. All his is organs are functioning. She (vet) believes he ate something rotten (food, animal?) and has gastroenteritis. Which as my vet said is basically doggie food poisoning. Her main concern that he wouldn't stop vomiting. So she gave him a shot of Pepcid, and a powerful anit-nausea shot. I came home with powerful antibodics, pro-boticis(same stuff as in activia yogert) more anti nausea meds, a case of can dog food formulated for dogs that have gastroenteritis, and instructions to buy Pepcid AC to give him.
He did eat about teaspoon of the can food this morning. Vet says to go very slow b/c he hasn't had food in his stomach for so long we don't want to shock his system. My husband is home most of the day today so he will feeding him very small portions throughout the day.
Now to figure out how to pay the hefty credit card bill for all the vet/meds etc.