• We are so sad, we had to let our lovely basenji Joey go. Our Joey had a kidney failure, the disease started one year ago.
    The last few days were terrible to watch him being so sick. The last 2 days he could not eat anymore, he only drank water, but he could not keep anything in his stomac anymore, after a minute he was vomiting bile.
    The vet could not help him anymore and told us it was only humane to let him go, and so we did.
    We are grateful he was in our life, we loved him dearly, he gave us lots of joy.
    We miss him terribly, but he is in our heart. We will never forget him.
    Anne-Marie
    attachment_t_11929_0_dsc02750.jpg

• May he run free without pain and illness with all those that have passed over the Rainbow Bridge before him

• So sorry to hear of your loss. If we are going to have them and love them, we must also face the fact that the day will come when we will lose them, but it is never easy!

• Sorry for your loss…

• That's the tough part with having dogs around. We know that we will outlast them, and will eventually have to see them go. For some of us, it will be a scenario we go through more than once.

I'm sure Joey is happy where he is now. I would agree that it was the best thing to do. No one wants to see a dog go through agony, knowing it will only get worse.

• I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's alwayas hard to say goodbye but you wouldn't have wanted him to suffer.

• You did the very best you could for him and gave him a good life. He will be much relieved and happy now at the Rainbow Bridge.

• I'm so sorry! Sounds like he was well-loved and happy. It's so hard when they're sick, but they depend on us to make the right decisions for them, and I'm sure you did.

• We also had to put down our 6 year old Black and White girl last week. Fanconi. This has been very difficult. We hope to find another girl for our red and white boy… Our thoughts to you because we are in the same boat. As always this will get better as time goes, but it seems to get harder as we get older. Strength to us all...

• Sorry for your loss - but he's probably chasing around with all our other friends that have crossed the rainbow bridge and having loads of fun.

• thank you all for your lovely messages. It is very hard to cope with this loss.

• I am very sorry for you pain, it is so hard to let them go. He is playing in the clouds now, with all the other basenjis who have gone before him.

• I am so sorry. ((hugs and shared grief)) It is so hard to lose them.

• Very sorry for your loss. Our hearts and thoughts are with you.

• Thinking of you at this very sad time…

• So sorry to hear of your loss…it's always hard letting them go. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life.

• Very sorry to hear of your loss…

• I'm so sorry for your loss..

• Please take some comfort in knowing that he adored you for the love you gave him, and that when it became necessary, you gave him the ultimate gift you could ever give him - peace and no pain. I'm crying here for you.

• Sorry to hear about Joey. May he find happiness and all the bones he wants across the Bridge.

Suggested Topics