Ken Leighton - Zuri Basenjis

After a very long illness, Ken Leighton of Zuri Basenjis passed away in his sleep early this morning. He will be missed by all that love him and with his passing goes a wealth of knowledge on Basenjis…. He was my mentor in the breed,show ring, and lure field and was the "king" of lure coursing in No California, serving as the Region 2 director for many, many years with ASFA. Between he and his wife Marilyn, they finished more dogs then I can count both in the ring and on the lure field. Their very first Basenji was a wonderful Tri girl known as the "I want one"... as she could say this as clear as day!

God Speed Ken you will be missed

God bless you Ken for all you did for the Basenji breed.

Houston

Bless his heart..he will be missed for sure.

I am so sorry for the loss. Sending cyber ((hugs)) to his friends and family…

Sorry to hear this, Pat. I know he has been very ill for awhile, but it doesn't make it any easier. Hugs to Marilyn and to everyone who loved Ken.

Terry

@Terry:

Sorry to hear this, Pat. I know he has been very ill for awhile, but it doesn't make it any easier. Hugs to Marilyn and to everyone who loved Ken.

Terry

I will pass along the message… and yes he was ill for a long time, but for sure he is for sure in a better place

I'm so sorry to read this. I had never met him, but heard many basenji folks speak highly of him. My heart goes out to his family & friends.

Bless him, It?s hard to loose somebody.. Thanks for his great knowledge of our breed

So sorry to hear. My condolences to his family and friends.

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.