2 Basenji Ladies looking for a new home

• I have two adult female Basenjis that I need to rehome.

Honey is a five year old red and white female that has never been bred and is not Spayed. She is very vocal.

Senjimin is her half sister (same sire) who is three, spayed and had one litter.

They do not have to be placed together. Both of these girls enjoy spending time with their humans and are crate trained. All vetting including heart worm preventative is UTD.

Pics and vet records are available upon request.

• Please contact BRAT to help find them homes. The older needs to be spayed before placement.

• Debra,

The breeder asked that I not contact BRAT as they would only contact her and ask her to take them*-(??

• @pittybasenjis:

Debra,

The breeder asked that I not contact BRAT as they would only contact her and ask her to take them*-(??

?? So? That sounds like her problem…not yours, or the basenjis'. BRAT will be able to coordinate the very best homes for them; and you could hold onto them while they match up possible homes. Is the breeder helping you look for homes for them? Or helping you in any way? If not, why do you care if BRAT contacts her take them back? They will, she will say why she can't, and life goes on. The dogs will get great homes.

• Hi Pitty B… first, Welcome! I live near Tampa, so if you need any immediate help, let me know. :0

• Sigh. Ditto. Contact Brat. Brat can do what your breeder doesn't… stand behind these dogs for life. Shame on the breeder for not taking them back or helping you find wonderful homes, but I assure you BRAT can and will.

• Houston

I agree with what has been said..if the "breeder" and I use that term loosely, is not willing to take them back, she really has no say so whom you contact..in my opinion.
    Why does she not take them back?
    Either way, I am sorry to hear that you are having to go through this..

• Well, there MAY be circumstances at play here. There are instances where a breeder is unable to take back a dog…if they are very ill, or their situation has changed, but BRAT will usually work with people (I believe) in that situation. Either way, if there is a good reason she can't take them, BRAT would understand, and if there isn't a good reason, what does she care what BRAT thinks?

• @Quercus:

Well, there MAY be circumstances at play here. There are instances where a breeder is unable to take back a dog…if they are very ill, or their situation has changed, but BRAT will usually work with people (I believe) in that situation. Either way, if there is a good reason she can't take them, BRAT would understand, and if there isn't a good reason, what does she care what BRAT thinks?

Very true Quercus. But a "head scratcher" on why the breeder would say that in the first place. Leads one to think/believe that they just don't want to be responsible and take back the Basenjis…

• I removed my comments until I can verify something.

• @pittybasenjis:

Debra,

If you have contacted the breeder and she declines taking them back, BRAT will not decline the dogs.

When you submit the rehome form, just simply leave her contact information out if she would prefer you not give it out. You can list her name, but you can also leave a note that says something " breeder already contacted, declining return"

We will still contact her to ask her if she wants to take them back, but all she has to do is say no, and case closed.

http://www.basenjirescue.org/post.htm

I am a district coordinator for BRAT and I can assure you, we have dogs in rescue that breeders wont take back.

Dont let these dogs suffer just because some backyard breeder doesnt want to take responsibility where they should.

Thanks-

• Were these b's tested for Fanconi? Just wondering why the breeder will not take them back. I do agree that they should go to BRAT, who will best be equipped to find great homes for them.

• I changed a few things in my above post if you would like to re-read.

thanks

• I am looking for a female Basenji as a companion to my red and white male. Have you placed your two females yet?

• Please be careful about rehoming intact b's. They can fall into bad places.

• First Basenji's

Did you ever find a home for the girls? Please let me know. Thanks. Debbie

• Please do let BRAT know if the breeder chooses NOT to take the girls back.
    There are more and more breeders that are BCOA members that need to take action and take their dogs back. I am hoping that they aren't BCOA members and just in a bad place and time for taking back dogs.
    I hope things are looking up for these girls.

• Debbie.. I just found these two girls on Craig's List, so I don't think they've been placed yet (unless this is the new owner that's now re-homing them). The ads are separate for each dog, but they read the same. I've emailed asking for info; will let you know what she says…

This is HONEY. She's a really good baby and still plays like a puppy. She loves to sit with her humans but we just don't have the time to devote to her as we just work too much. Honey has never been Bred- she can be if you like though as she's not spayed- but she's completely up to date with all her shots and is chipped. These are considered exotics because they're Egyptian dogs, very unique and very loving. We're asking for a mere $200.00 re-homing fee. Please call Mike at 904-982-9984 or email me. We'll naturally want to talk with you to make sure you'll be a good fit good her. 🙂

This is ISIS. She is an absolute sweetheart of a Basenji but we just work way too much and can't give her the love, time and interaction that she really needs. We hate to see her go but we LOVE her enough that we want her to be in an element where her Humans can interact with and enjoy her as much as she enjoys them. We paid over $1000.00 for our Basenjis but are only asking for a $200.00 rehoming fee IF we feel that after we interview with you, that you will be a good fit for our baby. Please call Mike at 904-982-9984 or just email me.

attachment_p_136408_0_isis.jpg
    attachment_p_136408_1_honey.jpg

• First Basenji's

Oh please please please… I hope Mike is willing to surrender these dogs to BRAT (though it sounds like he wants the "mere" $200 each because it means something to him). The way these ads are written, they're just asking to be exploited, especially Honey.

Good eye, Patty. Thanks for the update.

• Oh, Man! This is not the ad to read to start the morning..sigh.

Suggested Topics