Skip to content

Sick pup, help stomach virus

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Pups from Amera

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    Please see my post from your other post about this or contact me directly email can be found on my website noted in my signature
  • Help!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    2 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have never had a vet not know what breed my dogs are, even though when I got my first one they did not have any others in the practice. My vet immediately began reading up. And when I gave her info, she listened. Foxtails can be very nasty and a vet that lives in an area with them should know you have to REMOVE IT before your dog will get better. So I join the others in begging you to get another vet.
  • Sick Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    O
    Yes, Spencer is much better now, but he is still very thin. He lost six pounds. Even strong antibiotics cannot fight a severe abscess. I'm sure your vet found and resolved the problem under anesthesia, so that should put Egyn over the hump. SubQs and a few weeks of antiobiotics will hopefully get him back on the road to health. I had to feed Spencer critical care dog food through a syringe for several days after the surgery, then make him special soft food– the aforementioned meatballs-- for weeks after that. Good luck to you-- and positive thoughts to Egyn!
  • Sick B

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    etzbsederE
    Yay, there doesn't seem to be a need for the vet. Today was good and tomorrow will be better. Medjai started the day with a tiny bit of brown rice and the turkey bits picked out of the rice. Then he had some just plain beef also cooked plain and then later yet ate some of his kibble. He also had a only really soft poop. I never thought it would be so good to see him poop. He should be just fine, although I still have no idea what was wrong.
  • Caesar is sick!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    MantisM
    his personality seems to be perking up now that he has been on the batril for a week. thanks for all the info guys!!
  • Help

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    On any older dog, cataracts are very common… It would be very hard for a Ophth. Vet to mix up PRA with cataracts. Did you take your Basenji to a board certified eye vet?