• Thank you for that.
    Its sad…

• Awww, sad! Looks like we got Miles just in time!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Thanks again for all your help! We couldn't have done it without you!

• Bdawg,

Very much enjoyed reading the Story of Miles and his rise from rags to riches, with all sorts of mischief thrown into the mix! My wife and I have been involved with BRAT the last 2.5 years, having fostered 15 rescues, and found wonderful families for each one of the precious pups. We just adopted the 15th rescue, and we know it was meant to be that he be with us, just as it was meant to be for Miles to be with your family.

Every time I look into the eyes of a rescued basenji, I'm reminded of a bible verse from Luke 12:6 which says: "6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?" A farthing's value can be compared to how we view the value of a penny or nickel today. Not much value at all. Something whispers to my heart that a caring Supreme Being, seeing His creatures as infinitely more valuable than the values assigned to them by humans, has guided them to us and ultimately to their forever homes.

Our own new B, named Tippy, was sold by an Amish breeder south of Cleveland, OH to a Petland store in Cleveland. He languished in that store for 4 months before he was purchased. After 1 month, the owner planned to take him to a shelter, but was convinced by his brother, who lives in Ft. Washington, MD, to allow him to take Tippy. Again, after 1 month, his brother gave him up to his friend who lives in Prince Frederick, MD, which is 15 minutes north of our home in Southern Maryland.

After 1 week, Tippy's third family in less than 3 months posted a flyer in the local vet hospital advertising a free basenji to a good home who could provide good training.

The vet called us since they knew we were involved with BRAT. We went to get Tippy, and he was the very first basenji rescue in our county ever. After a week of caring for him, my wife, daughter, and I wondered to one another how this beautiful, gentle, playful, mischevious puppy would be given up by three straight families? It was like a diamond in the rough dropped into our laps.

What are the odds that a basenji puppy would end up near our rural hometown in the middle of nowhere in such a manner? It was meant to be!

• Navyman- great story! 🙂 Gives me chills when things work out like that!! Keep us posted on your progress! And hope to see you at the Mid-Atlantic Basenji Club Christmas party this December!!

• A recent video of the kids playing… love these little guys... 🙂 I especially love how they use their feet as hands. And how they always want to play ON YOUR LAP. 🙂 The way they bite each other's tails and then flop down doing the shoulder roll...

• So cute…is it Miles that runs off each time to get his second wind? 😃

• Very cute, they get along so well! Thanks for sharing.

• Great video. They are so cute together.

• Cute video they remind me of cats the way they play and use their paws

• Miles is hilarious. He has so much personality. He's the one who's biting Lexi's tail the whole time- and then rolling on her…lol

• BDawg that is so incredibly FUNNY to watch!! They remind me SO much of my 2 Bs they are such cookey little creatures 😃 😃 😃

• I can't resist dressing my kids up for the holidays… Ho Ho Ho... 🙂

Oh kids...

You two are so cute…

The little elf & reindeer

Yes, it's true- you two are the cutest dogs in the world!

Especially little Ham Steak…

• Those outfits are soooooo adorable! Where did you get them?
    Do they sit well when you put the clothes on them?

• My kids pose. Can't you tell?? lol… I couldn't resist the Christmas clothes from Target- they were only $2.50! 🙂

• Too cute!!!! I've been looking for Xmas outfits for Tyler and Zoey. I will have to go to Target!!

• That is an incredible deal, I need to head to Target!

I picked up a Santa and Reindeer outfit last year after Christmas from a petstore for $5.00 each, my idea was to dress up the dogs and use it as our Christmas card this year. I haven't even tried the outfits on them yet!

• Our Target had Santa, Elf, & Reindeer outfits. We already have a pretty nice Santa outfit for Lexi already (it doubles as a ridiculous coat) so I opted for the Elf & Reindeer. I literally started laughing hysterically in the store when I saw the reindeer one… My kids are such good sports. XOXOX

• Really REALLY cute!

• Miles looks thrilled.:rolleyes: Too cute B!:D

• Very, very cute! Miles has a priceless look on his face on the second-to-last photo! Especially in contrast with "pose-able Lexi"! Another one to enter in a contest.

Suggested Topics