• Spats over dishes..I know about that.
    I just always put Codys food down on the left side, and Shastas on the right.
    Always, they get treats this way, and if they aren't in the right place, they don't get the chow.
    Watch, make sure they are where YOU want them to be and just be consistant.
    It worked for me.

• That's King Ham to you!

• @BDawg1005:

That's King Ham to you!

Yes, indeed! Beautiful boy!

• I must say, Miles looks great, didn't you rescue him? He looks wonderful!!!!

• What a geat looking dog. I'm surprised how well his ears healed.

He looks like a big boy.

You saved Miles and maybe he saved you a little.

• I don't think there was ever any question, Miles is a great dog.:) He just needed to find the right family….he's found that.:D

Great job B, he looks fantastic!.🆒

• Awwww, thanks guys!! Miles was rescued in February. And he's made tremendous progress- with his ears, his weight (he was 29 when we got him and his ribs were sticking out,etc…and now he's back at 33 which is a 10% increase!! and his coat is so much better now too!). He's a very smart boy- my favorite is when the kids go the wrong way on their leash and so the leash is behind your legs and you tell them "Wrong Side" and they will go back behind you to fix the leash!! Love that! Smart little kids. He's still not as snuggly as Lexi... Lexi will let you do anything at all to her- like hold her upside down or whatever; she loves being doted on. 🙂 Miles just tolerates my incessant loving... he's like the kid who is too cool for his Mom when his Mom tries to get a hug in front of the school. hahaha... (I envision him saying, "Seriously Mom, don't ever do that again!) But he's getting better. It's like the other day when hubby was away with travel and the dogs got to sleep in the bed. I made Miles spoon with me and I woke up in the night and he was still there. I thought to myself, "OMG, he DOES love me! He's letting me snuggle with him ALL night!" Then I realized I had the wrong end in my face!! ACK!! :eek: But even his bottom is totally adorable!! lol... Hey, sometimes you gotta take what you can get!! 🙂

• So we hiked the Maryland Heights Trail yesterday. Here are some of the pics from our 4 hours of hiking! Wow, what a grueling trail! The kids LOVED it! They had so much fun running off leash!!

Daddy & Miles at the trail head. (Miles's eyes look weird in this pic for some reason.)

Along the trail… Kids running themselves ragged.

Me & the kids. (I can't believe I was able to hold them both; little tanks!)

Miles sniff sniff sniffing!

Taking a break at the Interior Fort.

Ham on a rock.

Love this, but no Lexi?

That's better!

I love you Milesy!

• I just went back to the very first posting to look at Miles's first pictures. You really can tell how skinny he was- his bones stick out so much. Sad! And his ears were so gross and crunchy back then. I'm so glad they healed!! And his coat was so dry and he was balding in some spots. His coat is so much better now. He is so adorable!! No one can resist the Ham!! 🙂

• Aaawww BDawg! He's come such a long way 😃 😃 You're a GREAT MOM 😃

C3PO is just like Miles..too cool for hugs & snugglies but he lets you pet him & belly rub as long as you want..then it's "OK leave me alone now I'm going to take nap"

Were your ears ringing last weekend?? BBoy was trying to figure out who spoils their pooches more ME or YOU 😃 😃 😃 lol…

• Great photos!

• What beautiful dogs!!! Are they off lead there? It is great that they stick around with you….looks like a great park!

• Now I have to say the obligate…beautiful family...now you have to have a child....

JUST KIDDING! Tim and I hated it when people would tell us that because we treated our dogs like kids.

It really IS a beautiful family!

• Oh Quercus!! You're going down!!
    We're totally not into kids… at least not right now. I'm not sure if that will ever change, but I just can't even imagine. They're a good idea in theory. But the reality... eehh. I will stick to dogs for now! But yeh, EVERYBODY tells me that! "Just wait until you have kids" or better yet... "You better hope you have a little girl so you can dress her up!"

• @BDawg1005:

Oh Quercus!! You're going down!!
    We're totally not into kids… at least not right now. I'm not sure if that will ever change, but I just can't even imagine. They're a good idea in theory. But the reality… eehh. I will stick to dogs for now! But yeh, EVERYBODY tells me that! "Just wait until you have kids" or better yet... "You better hope you have a little girl so you can dress her up!"

Neither were we! In fact, Tim was pretty against the idea right up until Ethan was born…but now we wonder what took us soooo long! and kinda wishing we *hadn't waited so long 😉

In all honesty, both choices (children and child free) can be very rewarding.....but I don't think anybody ever regrets having a child 🙂

Whatever you decide down the road, your family looks very happy 🙂

• Just proves once again that TLC goes a long ways, you certainly can see it in Miles. I remember those ugly black ears, he is one lucky, blessed dude!!!!! Great job, and yes you do have a lovely family.

• Just an update for the BDawg family. The Shelter that Miles/Ben was rescued from is now shut down permanently.

• Woah… what happened???

• Was it a county shelter or a private one.

Suggested Topics