Skip to content

Dog,cat,gazelle,mountain goat?

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New to forum and dog ownership

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    Chealsie508C
    Eldorado does litter box train and they were always very successful at it when I visited..I know they line the outside of the box with newspaper too..so I would make sure to do that also so she's as familiar with the process as she can be. I would suggest if you can't get her to start using it for pooping soon to just get her a coat and start outside. The longer she goes without pooping where you want her to the harder it'll be when you need to change it. Bad habits develop fast. I wish I started Oakley outside right away versus litter training. He always would pee in it but he wouldn't poop in it. He got very used to pooping next to the box on the kitchen floor and to this day prefers going on hard surfaces. I know it's hard to imagine potty training outside in this weather but you might be better off in the long run. I'm not against the litter box, I also have an eldorado pup; I just know the entire process would've been easier and more beneficial to is both if I braved the weather and did it in the first plAce
  • Frankie is no hound dog!

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    M
    Basenjis are considered hounds
  • Anubie has become a good dog

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    Rita JeanR
    We look at Jaycee like when our daughter started to crawl and got into everthing. I can only hope for Jaycee as our daughter is eighteen and still getting into things. Rita Jean
  • Hi from me and Hannah Dog!

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    L
    Very cute girl…definatly see the beagle and the shepherds in her. Thank you so much for sharing those great pics....she looks like quite the sweetheart. :)
  • First Time Dog Owner

    Member Introductions
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    22k Views
    K
    Ok now comes the story about Missy. Missy would destroy things around the house, get into the garbage, chew on socks and underwear. Mom would punish her , tell her she was bad, and Missy would go pout. Mom would have to leave her bedroom door shut for a week or Missy would go in and pee on Mom's side of the bed, but never Dad's side. who was punishing who?:p
  • GREETINGS from the Green Mountains!…

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    Hi fellow Vermonter! Welcome! This truly is a great place to learn, share and have fun!