Who is who and owns which dogs….

• Hi Susan,
    have we seen a pic of Gemma?

• Welcome to the forum Pirjo. I love the pictures of your dogs on your website.

Steve.

• @thunderbird8588:

Hi Susan,

No, you haven't seen Gemma yet - attached is picture of Gemma, and another of Shaye. Gemma is lighter in color, and bigger around, and 7 months older than Shaye. She also has a drop of "obedience" in with the mix. Shaye has about decided most of her obedience training was only a suggestion if she was in the mood.:rolleyes:
    attachment_p_88343_0_gemma-004.jpg
    attachment_p_88343_1_dsc00805.jpg

• @thunderbird8588:

Hi Susan,

Oh - and lest we forget the strongest member of the pack, attached is a picture of the cat, Missy, on our last motorhome trip - she owns the area over the cab, and God help any dog who tries to get up there.
    attachment_p_88344_0_dsc00810.jpg

• Houston

Susan, those are great pics. Gemma is very pretty, wonder what her mix is? I love how dark red Shaye is, beautiful and the queen, she looks just like a queen.

• @Basenjimamma:

Susan, those are great pics. Gemma is very pretty, wonder what her mix is? I love how dark red Shaye is, beautiful and the queen, she looks just like a queen.

Thank you Basenjimamma! At the dog park, the general consensus among the Basenji owners I talk to is that Gemma probably has some Sheltie in her - she has little "skirts" and her face has that look about it somewhat. Her hair is longer, with a "rufflike" collar. The Basenjis think she's one of them and she certainly "packs up" with them and stays with them.

As to Shaye's color, yes, we are really happy with how dark she is - I've been told when she blows coat, it will lighten, and then darken again. Whatever, she certainly does think she's the queen. Although Gemma is 7 months older, Shaye pretty much sets the pace and rules the roost. She runs Gemma ragged and is the last one to stop.

We are very glad they get along so well - as you know, it sometimes doesn't work that way with grrrrrrrrrrrrls. 😃

• Maybe it's better to start a new thread about Gemma.. This one is for telling who you are and which dogs are yours 🙂 😉

• Sorry - was just answering questions.:(

• Susan, lovely pics, sorry it was me who asked you to post them. we get carried away in threads 😃

• AJs Human
    CB Handle "Cricket" Trucking "broadly" 😃 across the USA
    No kennel, just a big ol' Freightliner

Basenji: AJ (Covergirl's AJ Has It All) Neutered male, 7 yrs in Jan, 26 lb, red and white

Mischievus Cattus
    Cat of questionable heritage: Sumi (Japanese word for "charcoal") lives with ex-husband
    Spayed female, 9 yrs in Apr, 7 lb, black w/ gold eyes and
    able to train a red Queensland Heeler (ex's dog)

Cheers!

Suggested Topics