Well, after reading how many of you don't soak I decided to give Gizmo the food dry. I guess soaking is for when they are only a few weeks old.
Anyways, I just had the biggest scare with Gizmo to date. And I thought his allergic reaction was bad!
Gizmo sucks in food like a vacuum. Barely even chews. The result? He almost died today….just 5 minutes ago.
He choked on the food and it must of gotten stuck. He was trying to chough up the food, but no air was comming out, he started to panic and run around making a faint weezing sound. His neck was pulled all the way into his body the more he desperattly tried to gag. His eyes where HUGE all of a sudden!
I had to pound him hard in the back, when that did no good I and to the helmick maneuver on him. He screamed in pain/shock of me doing this, and was REAL scarred of me after, but at least he is breathing....dear god I was shaking all over, and my heart is still racing.
Now I feel bad, because he is scarred of me "beating" him so badly. Hope it passes.
He has been eating like this since I got him, and it has worried me from the start. But I expected him to eventually learn that "sucking" in food is not necessary.