• @tanza:

and IMO every household should have a "fresh" bottle around in the home.

Amen to that Pat,
    I haven't had to worry yet with Zaire (Knock on wood), but Charlie has given me a couple of scares with what he chooses to eat that have required a Hydrogen Peroxide "Treatment" 🙂

• WOW! That is a lot of info-

The chocolate thing- the further you get from pure chocolate, the less fatal it becomes, so, milk chocolate is not so bad, dark chocolate is not so good, and baker's chocolate is really bad. One morning, we came out to find that Jack had eaten half of a reese's peanut butter bar. I immediately jumped on the internet and found the info that someone (Tucker, I think?) already shared. I watched him closely, he drank a lot of water and then pooped a whole lot, and he was fine. We don't leave candy bars out anymore.

I really didn't know that broccoli was bad for him…..he looooooves it. He will do anything for broccoli, and it is actually the only vegetable I can get him to eat.

• I give all mine broccoli all the time and I have never had a problem…. ever.....

• My b's will tapdance for cheese.

• The turkey skin thing- is that just in large quantities? Like, on Thanksgiving, If I give him a little turkey with a little skin, is that okay?

• Back to the peroxide treatment … what is the amount to be given? Is it diluted any?
    I always have peroxide in the house for nasty cuts etc. but didnt' know about its use to induce vomiting.

• @wizard:

Back to the peroxide treatment … what is the amount to be given? Is it diluted any?
    I always have peroxide in the house for nasty cuts etc. but didnt' know about its use to induce vomiting.

Given Straight…. usually 2 to 3 teaspoons.. you should see "results" in 5 to 10 minutes longest.... you do have to make sure it is "fresh" as in it "fizzes"...

• @tanza:

I give all mine broccoli all the time and I have never had a problem…. ever.....

I give mine broccoli all the time also, with no problems. Add a bit of cheddar cheese and Keoki thinks he's died and gone to doggy heaven. Asparagus too – those are his two favorite veggies, bar none.

• Dallas eats broccoli as well. I was giving him a little bit of milk but he developed a small rash in his ears that the vet thought may have been from the milk. He still eats cheese though weekly & will do just about anything for it…with a basenji you have to add "just about anything". LOL

• Yeah, Jack is like that with broccoli- when he sees me pulling it out of the fridge to cook for me, he gets all excited and trembly with anticipation. He immediately sits and watches until he just can't stand it anymore and then he's HANGING TEN COUNTER SURFING!!!!!!

Suggested Topics