Skip to content

A few "firsts" for Cody

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • "bed" tail

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    KipawaK
    Does anyone know of a website that shows you how to trim a b's tail? Or, should that be left to doggie grooming 'experts'? Kipawa's tail is lovely now, but any bushier and I think I might want to tidy it up.
  • "Warning" about Bs

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    22k Views
    dadojeD
    How true. I'm surprised no one has started Basenji Anonymous, LOL It's like pringles can't have one. Although I have just one now. I have owned Basenjsi for 30 years. I tell my dog loving co-workers about Kay-Dee's antics and they love hearing about her. She goes a lot of places with me and she has her own fan club.
  • We "rescued" an owl

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    8k Views
    Rita JeanR
    The owls are very pretty and I also like the white one. We have a hawk after my birds outside that I would love to stuff never happen but I yell at him all the time. Rita Jean
  • "Catching" food.

    Basenji Talk
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    20k Views
    RivermoonR
    Neither of mine will catch food, it hits them in the face and falls to the floor too. They're both pretty good at catching toys when I tell them to but do get bored with that game rather qiuckly.
  • First Bath and First Rain Walk

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    youngandtiredY
    I have a cat that will walk around in the rain, she likes it. :eek: But if it is thundering, she heads for her cat door in the garage, hates thunder. My Basenji, Sahara hates wet grass, but is better about getting a bath now that I give her a treat when we are done. We carried her out in the boat, with her lifepreserver on and she liked it Ok. She is getting better but won't go outside to potty when it is raining unless Mom goes with her on a leash and an umbrella. Hence, her name Africian Queen Sahara!!!!!!:D
  • "Scared" of the dark?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    youngandtiredY
    Sahara does not like the dark either, I have to go out with her for her evening potty runs. She gets out there and if I am there she will go in the front or back, but will look around the side of the house to make sure I am still there. She is so funny.