• So very happy for all of you and have a great evening as a family again. Maybe something special for dinner???

Rita Jean

• Congratulations!! And a big baroooo for Cody.

I'm sure now that he'll be feeling better your next post might be 'how do I keep this little beast quiet' (or stop him from jumping, rough housing, running, etc, etc, etc,…)

I'm so very happy this all turned out well.

• I am so glad you found the cause (Kudos to your vet!) and that he will be home with you tonight.

• I'm happy to hear all is going well for everyone - what a relief! How is your baby doing?

• Well, Cody came home last night. My B-girl Aurora was happy to have her housemate home again. She sniffed him all over as soon as we walked in. Of course the vet was like no running, jumping up on stuff and going up an down stairs. There are stairs everywhere in my house. He has to go down a flight of stairs on the deck just to go potty in the back yard. He's in a lot of pain so I have heavy duty pain meds, and a lot of other drugs. We are not out of the woods yet. I have to be on the look out for any signs of leakage around the wound, fever, weaknes, any signs that something has gone wrong inside and its not healing. Once he had his pain meds last night he was very snuggly with me on the couch.

• Houston

So happy to hear that he is home again. Cody is in our thoughts, I have told my kids all about poor Cody's missfortune, and every morning they want to know if I have heard anything, at night my 9 yr old prays for his swift recovery. He is definitely in our thoughts.

• Poor thing, lets hope he's well on his way to recovery. xxxxxxx for Cody

• I'm glad he is home…I'm sure both you and he are too...you all need some rest after a harrowing experience. Keep us posted on his recovery...

• So happy to hear Cody is home. I know you will keep a very good eye on him. I do wish you the best trying to hold him down when he gets ready to run and play. That will also be a great day. Lets all us know how your doing and Cody. Take care.

Rita Jean

• I can't believe how fast Cody has bounced back from surgery. He was sluggish maybe a day and 1/2. Now he acts like his old normal self except he has 30 staples in his belly. I tried to catch him before he ran out to the backyard this morning, but missed. He ran down the flight of stairs! I have been feeding him the vet recommended can dog food and he loves it. I got a can and 1/2 in him within 24 hours. Still hates to take those pills though. I can't hide it in the food b/c now he looks for it. I am afraid to feed him anything else yet. I don't want to jinx a good thing. Thanks everyone for their suggestions, prayers and encoraging words. fingers crossed I hope we never have to do this again!

• That is great to hear… and Kristii was the same way.. within a day of being home from surgery she was just like nothing ever happened (like Cody with 30+ stapes in her belly)...

Sounds like Cody is over the "hump" and on the road to recovery....

• Happy to hear Cody is doing so well. Have a super weekend with the babies.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Awesome news. I am glad he is back to his own self and I am sure your house will be filled with B-500 before you know it..

• great news

• How is Cody doing?

• Cody is doing great. He his back to eating 75% hard kibble 25% soft. He got a toy out last night and asked to play. He gets his staples out on Tues. I can't wait b/c he needs a bath! <<shhh>> don't tell him that.Of course the problem now his for him not to pull a staple. LOL I can't believe its been a week since his surgery and how fast he has recovered. Wished us humans recovered that fast from major surgery.</shhh>

• Brilliant news

• Way to go Great News keep up great healing.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Truly awesome news. We are very happy here in the Lopez' residence to hear of his speedy recovery..

• Wonderful news. They heal fast, because they need to so often.

Suggested Topics