• I am so jealous of my husband and son!!! Hubby gets home yesterday and with a little encouragement zoe yodeled for him. My son gets home a little later and with no encouragement zoe yodels for him. I get home from work (the one who walks her, feeds her, cuddles and pets her) and it takes me with all the others helping 5 to 10 mins to get her to yodel for me. I have to console myself with the fact that I'm the only one in the house she doesn't growl at when picking her up or moving her from a comfortable spot. I still think she loves me best lol.

• Don't worry you're number one!

• Houston

Yes, you are absolutely #1..she won't forget that.

• If your baby yodels for you, your husband and your son, don't feel bad, they know who does all the work. At least Zoe yodels. My little girl has never yodeled, and on five occasions now in the past month, has barked - barked like a dog, each time when something made her nervous/scared. So depressing.

• Mine never yodels for me but at the dog park he runs up to people, sometimes with a tennis ball in his mouth and yodels really loud at the top of his lungs at them. Everybody laughs! He's pretty loud at the park, but at home he's super quiet.

• We get yodels but when my husband comes in late from work Jaycee has to yodel. I wish at that time she would choose not to love him.

Rita Jean

• My B just stands there waiting for me to come to him. No yodeling, nothing. The only time that he shows his affection is when I'm watching a movie (he'll snuggle up next to me) or when it's bedtime (he rushes to his spot next to my pillow ready for some sleep).

He has occasionally barked at strangers when they have come over. Perhaps he's not excited when I come home because he's just getting up from his nap. Oh well, interesting dogs they can be.

• Benji used to Yodel when we came in Particulary if we didn't take him on straight away.
    He also used to yodel when we were trying to get him off the bed etc, when you told him off he would get realy excited and yodel.

• During the 15 years I had them, Alex and Cassi never yodeled for me on a "just because" basis. Only time they ever yodeled was when you took one for a walk and left the other home alone.

Bella, on the other hand, yodels / baroos every day when I get home. Also baroos a bit every morning. She's the most vocal Basenji I've ever encountered. If she thinks you're not paying her enough attention, she just might let one out as well.

She's also let out a couple of pseudo-barks at the vacuum cleaner. Doesn't care for it much. 😉

• Houston

I have yet to hear Ois yodel, let alone say anything, BUT the family heard it the other day when I had one of the other dogs in the frontyard on a leash working on our homework from Obedience Class, he was apperantly going nuts yodeling…but I didn't hear any of it...typical, right. He does a weird type of growl almost from his stomach to my 4 year old very typical boy..Otis does not like how Lukas doesn't keep his fingers, hands or feet to himself..and he makes it clear to Lukas ..

• My boy will occasionally do an actual dog bark, mostly when he can't get to something he wants, but have only heard him yodel 4-5 times ever. mostly when i get home from being away for more than a day and he gets quite riled.

• Both of our Bs will lick my husband to death. If I interrupt the licking session, Trinity will pause to look at me like "exCUSE you" & give me 1 single sympathy lick & move on. Denver is obsessed with licking my jeans. Of course I pout about it, but on the other hand, I get Denver's tail wags daily & Trinity's baroos - but those are few & far between….

• @Shaye's:

If your baby yodels for you, your husband and your son, don't feel bad, they know who does all the work. At least Zoe yodels. My little girl has never yodeled, and on five occasions now in the past month, has barked - barked like a dog, each time when something made her nervous/scared. So depressing.

I had a thread on here a couple of months back about how zoe at about 4 months had never yodeled. Someone told me to try and encourage her by egging her on. I did this until I was hoarse but I finally got her to yodel. Now she seems to be doing it more and more.

We dont have a fence yet so when we are outside I keep zoe tied. When my husband gets home he stays just out of her reach until she gets so frustrated she yodels then we praise her and get all excited with her. Same with kitchen boundary. She isnt allowed so we stand in the kitchen untils she yodels (This is my problem they say I give up to quick lol) If we baroo she will usually yodels faster.

My son came home today and again she ran to the kitchen door and yodeled for him right away didnt need to baroo at her once.

BTW zoe also will let out what almost sounds like a bark when she is startled.
    Sounds alot like when you get the air knocked out of you. Or her baroo got cut short. She did it three times when kids came behind her on boards and startled her one after the other 1 burf sound for each.

Suggested Topics