Skip to content

My basenji mix Layla loves to run around in very high plants and shrubs like foxtail. Could it be that it reminds her of something similiar like in Africa?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mix ?

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    16k Views
    dmcartyD
    @Kembe 1 hardly any podengo dna on file and honestly the guess your breed tests are just that. Phot in field looks more podengo Close up basenji. Enjoy your dog. Fyi I raised basenjis since 1982 and Podengo grande since 2007
  • Is he a basenji mix?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    3 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    He is a cutie. Looks like he is getting lots of love and he will return it. Glad you have him.
  • Basenji Mix?

    Basenji Talk
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @sleacc said in Basenji Mix?: @martianmaya22 I wish I knew how to enter a photo here ! You can upload from your computer. Click on the symbol 2nd from the right at the top of the compose box. Make sure your picture file is not too large! Or you can link to a picture that is already on line (symbol 5th from right, above).
  • Basenji mix?

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    C
    I am no expert but I looked at the photo before reading your post and I thought it was one. The classic white shoulders, upright ears, pointed nose and shape of face....I agree a profile view would add but it would not be hard to convince me this dog has some basenji genes.
  • Basenji Mix ?

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    13k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    , even the strange voices seem to appear in many pariah type dogs. I can so see that, Moses, our almost 9 month old portuguese podengo grande sounds just like a howlling, yodeling basenji at times, then he breaks into this excruciatingly loud bark..
  • Basenji love

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    20k Views
    wizardW
    I think Buona said it best… "I think most of the other people need therapy.. Therapy from the BEST doctors in the world... --> B's"