Forum Dinner at the Specialty

• Gotcha. I was gonna say… lol

Was the top 20 they had in the past a separate endeavor too? I can't remember.

• OKay whew sorry guys I let this go for soooo long. So it sounds like Thursday night is looking good for our forum dinner. Is anyone here staying at the Kentucky Horse Park Campsite? That is our plan. We will be in the BCOA block, close to other people who will also be there for the show.

I have not yet e-mailed Carole about resturants, will get on that pronto. I guess I should tell her that we're going and she'll get to see one of her dogs.

I am also going to ask the lady handling campsite reservations at the Park whether she has any recommendations.

American cuisine sounds good….

Can't wait!!!

-Nicki

• Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend the National after all - due to health issues with my father and Brando broke a leg this past Saturday :(. Please take plenty of pics. This was a great idea - maybe next year. 😞

If I do make any of it, I would fly in briefly when Liyah would be shown (she won't be in Sweeps, so I won't be there Thursday).

Have fun everyone! 🙂

• We are camping in the KY horsepark but only staying Tues-Thurs, going home thurs am as I have to work Friday. LC is our only event, Trog and Xander will both be entered in AKC, I'm clerking for the ASFA.

• @renaultf1:

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend the National after all - due to health issues with my father and Brando broke a leg this past Saturday :(.

I'm sorry your father is not feeling well. I hope he is feeling better soon. Brando broke his leg?!?! OMG…...hope all is well there as well.

• @renaultf1:

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend the National after all - due to health issues with my father and Brando broke a leg this past Saturday :(. Please take plenty of pics. This was a great idea - maybe next year. 😞

If I do make any of it, I would fly in briefly when Liyah would be shown (she won't be in Sweeps, so I won't be there Thursday).

Have fun everyone! 🙂

Oh shoot!! I hope your dad is doing okay, and what the heck happened to Brando?

• I'll be staying at the horsepark in the BCOA block too. I'm unsure of my schedule though. I'd love to meet some of the folks who have helped me out over the past couple of years.

Karen

• I'm staying at the event hotel. But I'll have my Garmin with me so I should be able to find my way around.

@renaultf1:

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend the National after all - due to health issues with my father and Brando broke a leg this past Saturday :(. Please take plenty of pics. This was a great idea - maybe next year. 😞

Have fun everyone! 🙂

I hope your father will be okay. And Brando too, poor boy!

• Lisa!!!!!!
    Didn't know you were on here too! waves I'm assuming you figured out I'm Zip and Riley's mom and you saw us in KY last time, Bluegrass Coursing.
    Ours are also running AKC.
    We are planning to camp with yodeldogs here in the forum. We'll have 8 basenjis with us.

:eek:

Sorry to hear about your dad and Brando, Renault. We plan to stay for Conformation so perhaps we will see you after all.

• Thanks Snorky, Nemo and Maui…
    My father has had health issue for a while now - he is 87, but things have been quite a bit more challenging lately as we take care of him at home.

@Quercus:

Oh shoot!! I hope your dad is doing okay, and what the heck happened to Brando?

Thanks Andrea…I've started a new thread as to not hijack this National dinner thread. It is here:
    http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?p=81775#post81775

• Renaulf1 im sorry to hear about your troubles - hope things are ok with your dad - my own dad was cared for at home for 3 years following an unsuccessful cancer opp - just hang on in there!

Am sure Brando will be good as new in no time - im always amazed at how resilient dogs are.

• @Elscodobermann:

Renaulf1 im sorry to hear about your troubles - hope things are ok with your dad - my own dad was cared for at home for 3 years following an unsuccessful cancer opp - just hang on in there!

Am sure Brando will be good as new in no time - im always amazed at how resilient dogs are.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm sorry about your dad. Home care is a tough haul. Yes, it can be overwhelming at times - trying to live in the moment and then it doesn't seem so bad, somedays. 😞

I've started a new thread about Brando - he is actually doing really well so that is a plus!

• Well I'll try to be there! And maybe Senjishowgirl too? My plan is to come for Wed & Thurs, but I have a fairly short trip home so I can leave after dinner. 🙂 I'm hoping I can afford to stay through Fri anyways, we'll see. I haven't made my plans yet, eek, but hopefully will be at the horse park too.

• Kelli, they had 5 or 6 spots left in the BCOA block of the RV sites when I reserved our spot. I did not have to pay in advance. We definitely plan to grill out quite a bit, so having the fire pit was necessary. That's partly why we went with RV instead of primitive, but then we're splitting the cost between four of us so it's not too bad.

• Well we're in! I reserved my spot this morning, we're in site 63. 🙂 Char and I will be coming Tuesday morning and leaving Friday afternoon. Looking forward to the dinner and all the other activities. I'm sure time will fly way too fast and wish we could stay longer. But at least we'll be doing a little sampling of stuff.

• We will be in site #71 with Xander and Trog and the two whippet girls who keep them in line. Looking forward to ASFA in Racine next weekend to get the pudgy little men back in running mode, Trog has put on a bit of weight this summer with the cooler temps. he was shooting for turtle anyway.

• oh! i am so excited! I'll be going with Kelli, from Tuesday to Friday i believe. i have Zumi entered in for the conformation show, and both JC's. i wish i could stay for the whole week but money is tight here too. i cannot wait to meet everyone! all the basenjis, and everyone on here. still pretyt new to this breed so cannot wait to meet so many others who have this wonderful/evil breed. maybe i could have your help to make my little guy baroo? i have yet to get a good one from him. and never gotten one around Kelli's dogs even when they were barooing to bring the roof down, lol.

i just hope he behaves his little self. Kelli how many dogs are coming with us? Zumi of course, and Mojo, anyone else? like Roxie or Cleo? lol, selfish of me i know but what all did you enter? and thanks for bringing me along.

~Char

• Great Lisa! Looking forward to visiting with the kids.

Char, good luck with the barooing. lol His mom was a lost cause and he may be too. We can certainly try more, he might be more vocal if he thinks you're not around. lol

Well everyone goes, whether they're doing anything or not. Roxie and Mojo will be doing the lure trials and Mojo is doing the vet classes. I'm debating whether I can afford to throw the girls in rally. Probably not, but I have a couple days to decide. Tyson is coming too, he's doing the lure trials. And Karma will probably be back in a week so I'll probably bring her along for the practice and exposure. Or I may have another young one instead to start working on, I dunno. So we'll have a pretty full load. lol

• @kiroja:

Great Lisa! Looking forward to visiting with the kids.

Char, good luck with the barooing. lol His mom was a lost cause and he may be too. We can certainly try more, he might be more vocal if he thinks you're not around. lol

Well everyone goes, whether they're doing anything or not. Roxie and Mojo will be doing the lure trials and Mojo is doing the vet classes. I'm debating whether I can afford to throw the girls in rally. Probably not, but I have a couple days to decide. Tyson is coming too, he's doing the lure trials. And Karma will probably be back in a week so I'll probably bring her along for the practice and exposure. Or I may have another young one instead to start working on, I dunno. So we'll have a pretty full load. lol

Uh…Kelli....are you have some sleep deprivation issues...you posted this at 1 in the morning, and a prior post at 3 am....are working nights?

• There might be a problem for some of us and the Thur night dinner (that is the night we were talking about, right?) There is now a breeder education seminar at 7pm, that night. This will be an interesting talk to anyone who is interested in what we are talking about when we discuss breeding to the standard…not just breeders are invited...and I am pretty sure it is free? I don't know how many of this it will effect, but maybe if we had an earlyish dinner, like 5pm?

Suggested Topics