• Hi, I was delievered a Basenji mix w/Shephard, instead of an American Bulldog/mix. This dog is adorable and I deceided to keep him. He was sent to me from a shelter in Alabama. His name is Marley. Can someone talk to me and confirm it was a good decision to keep him. Is he trainable quickly and should I start now with kindergarden training? Your comments are appreciated. How are they when they grow up? How are they with people? Thanks

• Puppy kindergarten is IMO one of the best things you can do for your puppy to get them off to right start. Basenjis are trainable if you use positive reinforcement techniques and make it fun for them.

• I second Ivoss but will add lots of love and time. Your return is love and one very grand baby for life. We all know shepards train usually fairly easy and B sometimes are not so easy so fair to say I think your puppy will train very nicely.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Hi and welcome. I think that you will not regret keeping Marley. Otis has been fairly easy to train, not any harder then my very stubborn Westie was, so that is good news..positiv reinforcement is very good and easy to use..Otis was/is very treat motivated, and that makes training fun….and remember a tired basenji (mix) is a good basenji mix..
    Good luck..
    We want pictures...

• @Edwin:

Hi, I was delievered a Basenji mix w/Shephard, instead of an American Bulldog/mix. This dog is adorable and I deceided to keep him. He was sent to me from a shelter in Alabama. His name is Marley. Can someone talk to me and confirm it was a good decision to keep him. Is he trainable quickly and should I start now with kindergarden training? Your comments are appreciated. How are they when they grow up? How are they with people? Thanks

Welcome to the forum. The Basenjis mixes make great dogs. Post some pictures. Yes, the puppy class would help with socializing and getting used to being around other dogs as well. Did the Alabama shelter have a pic of American Bulldog/mix on the internet?

• Welcome to the forum, please post some pics of Marley when you can 🙂

Suggested Topics