• Looks like Tanza will be co-breeding two litters this fall…. very excited to be co-breeding a litter with my mentors in the breed, Ken and Marilyn Leighton, Zuri Basenjis.... And to keep it all in the family.... Parry and I shared the "showing" of Kacii for Ken and Marilyn... she is a great little girl....

http://www.tanzabasenjis.net/2009litters.html

• Can't wait to see baby pics! I hope you get some really nice tri-ing pups. You know I love having a tri, but I can't imagine having more than one. good luck.

• Pat, I am drooling with the thoughts of those tris. 🙂 Good luck, hope you get some wonderful munchkins!

• Very exciting! Can't wait to see the baby pics..! 🙂

• Oh gosh, I'm not sure if I can handle seeing those Tri pictures…. I want one so bad, LOL!!!;) I bet they will be the CUTEST little things!!!:D

• We think these will be nice litters… and yes, I am looking forward to some "tri-ing" pups...

• Two sets of puppies, how exhausting! I am curious to know what color puppies can result from this combo, tri & red.

Will it be mostly reds, mostly tris, can there be any blacks or brindles?

• Since both of the red sires are tri factored there can be both reds and tris. It is 50:50 probability of each. Black and Brindle are dominant colors meaning one of the parents must be the color to get the color.

• @EskiLovr:

Two sets of puppies, how exhausting! I am curious to know what color puppies can result from this combo, tri & red.

Will it be mostly reds, mostly tris, can there be any blacks or brindles?

When I bred Maggii (Tri factor red to Tri Factor red) we got 3 reds, 3 tris, when I bred Fatia (Tri Factor red) to a Tri, I got 2 reds, 2 Tris, when Marilyn bred her Gabii (Tri factor red) to a Tri, she got 1 red, 5 Tris…

And while I would love to have a Tri... the only way to be sure of that would have been to bred Tri to Tri.... so in the end, we get what we get...ggg

• Can you imagine TWO LITTERS worth of tri-ing pups though? Holy cow, that would be serious work, keeping them all out of mischief! I cannot imagine two litters worth of B's at all, let alone all tri's

• @EskiLovr:

Can you imagine TWO LITTERS worth of tri-ing pups though? Holy cow, that would be serious work, keeping them all out of mischief! I cannot imagine two litters worth of B's at all, let alone all tri's

I would love it…..gggg

• Are you whelping either litter at your house, Pat? or both?

I am still on the fence about doing the litter I have been thinking about for years. I don't know if I can handle the extra work load!! I also have to finish Luna's testing…better get on the ball....

• @Quercus:

Are you whelping either litter at your house, Pat? or both?

I am still on the fence about doing the litter I have been thinking about for years. I don't know if I can handle the extra work load!! I also have to finish Luna's testing…better get on the ball....

Parry will be whelping Kylie's litter and then I will take the pups at about 5wks to my house (we only live 10 miles apart)… Kacii's litter, it depends if she will whelp at Leighton's or my house, but then we are only 2 blocks apart... a lot with Leighton's depends on how Ken is doing as he is very ill.

• Should be lovely b's. I was lucky enough to meet the Leightons at the EBC specality.
    Sorry to hear Ken isn't doing well.
    I will send prayers his way.

• Hope everything goes smoothly Pat.

Andrea, go for it. I'll just steal them from you when they get to be too much. 🙂 The twins are not part of the deal though! lol

• @kiroja:

Hope everything goes smoothly Pat.

Andrea, go for it. I'll just steal them from you when they get to be too much. 🙂 The twins are not part of the deal though! lol

Ha, Ha!!! Are you ssuuuurrree? The twins are pretty cute now! But puppies still *might be cuter! I will give the puppies to you when the poop starts getting tracked all over the place!

• Sounds like a plan! lol

Hmm, you're right, it would probably be a toss-up. But I'll stick with the 4 legged variety, it's what I know best. 🙂

• Thank you for taking the time to save some of the fine points of Jaadii - he was a wonderful dog with too much to offer the breed to not be used - I'm so glad that we have the fanconi test and can now do this.

• @dmcarty:

Thank you for taking the time to save some of the fine points of Jaadii - he was a wonderful dog with too much to offer the breed to not be used - I'm so glad that we have the fanconi test and can now do this.

Thanks Dianne, that is what Parry and I thought too… He is the last of that line of breeding coming from Ken and Marilyn too, much to want to save in those lines... at least we think so... he goes back to some of my favorites. I am just glad that Parry had him collected and didn't toss the sperm when he started spilling.

• Hello,
    Our plan in this fall : http://www.freewebs.com/africanbasenji/litters.htm - choose after the tests… the sire will red-white, from USA. we waiting great show dogs from the litter...

Suggested Topics