Skip to content

Basenji Christmas songs?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a basenji ?

    Basenji Talk
    50
    4 Votes
    50 Posts
    29k Views
    KembeK
    Looks can be so deceiving- here is an article of a woman who adopted a rescue dog in N.J. Dog looks like a basenji - even her vet thought it might be basenji. She did an Embark DNA test - no basenji. Turned out the dog was a mixture of Mountain Cur, Rat Terrier, Beagle, and Boston Terrier. link text
  • Is she a Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    2 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @melduff I for one think this is FANTASTIC news! You guys are so lucky! You have a one of kind super dog with the papers to prove it. Walks around the neighborhood and trips to the dog park are going to be very much fun... Friendly neighbor: Oh, she's so cute! What kind of dog is she? You: Thanks you so much. Why, she's a Staffy Chow Lab Rott Russell Husky. (Ya haff ta memorize that) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thumbs_up: Thanks a bunch for letting us know. Very much enjoyed your thread.
  • The Other Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    8k Views
    KipawaK
    I read your blog and find it kind of confusing and ….. your comment about "messing with ..." hmmmmmmm.... Anyhow, yes, it is so cool when you come across another basenji, because they totally understand each other and how they want to play. We were fortunate once to have another basenji play chase with Kipawa at a dog park. I just don't think there are many basenjis in the Lower Mainland. :(
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • Basenji Proofing Christmas

    Basenji Talk
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    20k Views
    khanisK
    I am with JazzysMom… I never barracade my tree... and we never did it when I was growing up either. The only thing my dogs do is eat the candy canes... so what... no different than the licorice I share with them! This morning, Cha Cha was chasing the IG back behind the tree and that was his "hiding place" from her. I do remember growing up that the only time anything was taken off the tree was when I would hang dog bones on it :D Now, who can blame them for scaling the tree then?? :eek: We have our presents on the dining table right now... only because I was setting up a "background" for puppy pictures and then if I move them to below the tree... where is Preston/IG going to run and hide after he steals the basenjis toys??
  • Basenji Song

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied