Skip to content

Soft Tissue Sarcoma

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    257 Views
    N
    No sore spots whatsoever - though his stomach is almost permanently "taut" or flexed, unless he's had his anti-inflammatory meds. He eats well and can go to the bathroom well, but as days pass his hind legs are getting worse and worse (to the extent I'm sure he'll just end up permanently lame if I don't anything more). I am praying/hoping/wishing that laser therapy can provide some assistance, as his one session of a few weeks back resulted in him being almost "back to normal" for about 4-5 days! If I can get another miracle result, I think I will look into multiple treatments until he seems better. This is such a stressful time, but I'm grateful for your condolences/suggestions - everything helps - thank you so much!
  • Hair loss

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    28k Views
    No one has replied
  • Soft-Serve Stool

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    5k Views
    ZandeZ
    @scagnetti said in Soft-Serve Stool: I wouldn't be surprised if you found studies that report conflicting results. That is almost always the case, isn't it ? One man's meat is indeed another man's poison - - -
  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Rectal bleeding + soft stool

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    13k Views
    Rita JeanR
    So happy to hear your boy is comming home and doing well. Has to get better so he can go find another kitty again. I do know Jaycee does not like change we took the sofa out and it upset her bottom end that night better next day. Then fourth day we got new sofa and upset her that day again and now all is well. I would try putting his crate back in your room. Take care. Rita Jean
  • Puppy soft stools

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    Glory has been with me almost two months - she is a little over 3 months old. I have switched her from a puppy food that was high in beef which she was eating when she came to us to a food that has chicken and vegetables. The soft stool doesn't bother her - there is never a sense of urgency to go - she only has a soft stool about twice maybe three times a day. She has gained almost 9 pounds since she came to us - she was very underweight and very young. Right now she weighs just under 16 pounds. We're doing stool testing every 2 weeks and except for the very first test, they are coming back O.K. I'm concerned that she may not be processing the nutrition from her food or that she will have chemical imbalances because of the loose stools. Am I worrying for nothing?